can i drive my mk3 whit ethanol?

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
I'm sorry i had no idea that the E85 had that high of rating. Around here this is no stations that sell it so i've not been around it was give my thought. I now know more about e85.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
E85?

standalone possible

stock OEM TCCS possible too.

How?

Simple

E85 takes 30% more fuel

What is 30% more of 440 cc/min injectors ;) (572 cc/min).

So with just pure math alone. We see that just upgrading injectors to 550 cc/min injectors puts the useage of E85 on hand and almost close to stioch. The only problem now is that if you return to gasoline/petrol.... OINK OINK. Pig Rich.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
suprafanatic;1119670 said:
so wait a min... if i have 550 injectors i can run e-85???? what about mixing some e-85 with premium 93oct.?

ok you did read my post right?

Now where do I mention anything about a Lexus AFM housing as that will put the signal back were you were when you had the stock components. ;)

Just the fuel injectors and nothing more...... There by you will be injecting exactly 30% (on average) more fuel throughout the entire duty cycle of the injector.

jmanbball

Yellow Jacket
Apr 17, 2006
Hittin' the books at Tech
If you run e85, you have to replace just about your whole fuel system, because the factory pump, lines and fuel rail aren't compatible with alcohol, and will quickly fail due to corrosion.

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
suprafanatic;1119670 said:
so wait a min... if i have 550 injectors i can run e-85???? what about mixing some e-85 with premium 93oct.?

er no
because the fuel evaporation rate will be unknown as will the size of injectors required it would be major headache

one company here does it in 104 octane which im looking to have a dable in with dual maps on the linkecu

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
group a supra;1119692 said:
er no
because the fuel evaporation rate will be unknown as will the size of injectors required it would be major headache

one company here does it in 104 octane which im looking to have a dable in with dual maps on the linkecu

umm no.

30% more on average. That puts it squarley in the 15% O2 lean/rich parameter of the stock TCCS.

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
figgie;1119705 said:
umm no.

30% more on average. That puts it squarley in the 15% O2 lean/rich parameter of the stock TCCS.

think we have our wires crossed here lol

i meant in diluting it here and there it would gradualy become out of sync as far as ratios go unless you physicaly measured it exactly every time
prehaps i should been a bit more comprehensive with what i meant
i was refering to compounding so as to speak bit like finance :)

and it did say some so it was vauge lol

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
group a supra;1119717 said:
think we have our wires crossed here lol

i meant in diluting it here and there it would gradualy become out of sync as far as ratios go unless you physicaly measured it exactly every time
prehaps i should been a bit more comprehensive with what i meant
i was refering to compounding so as to speak bit like finance :)

and it did say some so it was vauge lol

lmao

you were replying to the other guy about mixing E85 with gasoline.......Then yes you were right. Should have quoted the 2nd part of his post only ;)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
jmanbball;1119689 said:
If you run e85, you have to replace just about your whole fuel system, because the factory pump, lines and fuel rail aren't compatible with alcohol, and will quickly fail due to corrosion.

It's not as caustic as people make it out to be...

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
x= gallons of 93
y= gallons of e-85 (105, yes this is the high end estimate of what you might find)

(x * 93) + (y * 105) /(X+Y)= new octane rating

that math looks good, grim and early mornings = :sleep:

Pyrorox

Aug 26, 2008
Sweden
I drive my supra now whit mixed e85 and 95oct and it goes bether than it goes on pure 95oct but i dunno if its good for the engine :p