can code 11 and boost leak like symptoms be related?

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to pin-point the issues. Car will start and idle great but when driving I get the classic boost leak symptoms at random...Car gets jerky/power cuts out and the cel flashes for a second, then it will go off and it builds and holds power fine again for awhile. This happens at complete random times though not just in boost. I have a code 11 which is intermittent ground to ecu. I've checked and re-checked grounds, and replaced the efi relay cuz I had a new one anyway.

My vf will be right at 2.2-2.5 idle for a few seconds after start up then it will drop to 0.0-0.2 and stay there even while driving with varying throttle amounts. So I don't really want to be driving it until I figure this out. Also, when I get the cel while driving my vf shoots up all over the place. I guess the question I'm asking is am I chasing a boost leak or could the code 11 be contributing to the problems? Im picking up my boost leak tester from the shop tomorrow and will test that but just wanted opinions on that code 11.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Welp got fancy and made it out to the shop...boost leak test was actually good, no leaks...so funny story...messed with my ecu connectors a bit and made sure they were all good and took it for a quick drive around the shop..it ran good and the vf stayed right around 2.5. So took it on the road and it ran great and vf was happy the whole time. My brother was in the passenger seat and decided to grab the connector that comes out of the ecu for some reason (the only male connector coming out of the ecu...far left side...what is this?) and the car started jerking and running weird...he then wiggled it around some more and it started running fine. No more cel or anything all day. I put a few miles on it and my temp gauge started rising. Limped it back to shop and turbo was glowing red and o could hear the coolant like boiling...lol great..

Going to check my cat (I've been needing to delete it anyway), do some ecu voltage readings according to the tsrm, replace my thermostat cuz its old anyway and see if I can't clear that code 11...anyone have any ideas on why it is running so hot?...

BTW not jump to bhg lol..machine shop decked block and head extremely well, I used a cosmetic hg and ARP bolts, and did everything right. Besides car hasn't seen more than 5psi for the 20 miles its ran and its been driven very nice...now i just need to get it running normal to break it in properly!