Can anybody help me with a 5 speed swap?

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
this weekend, in the 604 area. I live in tsawwassen, uive just about got the 5 speed off the donor car, i think i have all the bolts out but the tranny doesnt seem to come out.i ned to rent a tranny jack tho because my crappy ones arent cutting it.

the car the transmission is going to isnt at the garage but i can drive it up there when we need to. basically i need someone who has done it before to be there to lead the way and show what has to be done. i can provide beer and food and mayvbe even a little cash to anybody who can come help i dont need a huge crew just one or two people one would be fine. anybody?? we would just have to take out the tranny which would take just a few more minutes of struggle with the right equipment. i could take off the clutch pedal asembly by myself and the clutch lines, so then all we would need to do is get the old car out of the garage, and then put everything into the new car... would anyone be able to help me? i would be so greatful and would return the favour.

lemme know

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
both cars are in tsawwassen. i would need to get day insurance on the car that isnt at the garage. i would be willing to take any time anyone would be willing to lend. saturday or sunday all day. i have to get both cars and all my stuff out of this garage by the 27th! im not too worried but it's getting awfully close, hence my need for extra help.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Depends on my biking schedule this weekend... I have 2 birthday dinners for family members to attend, one each day, and I want to get out and ride at least one day... but that might leave me some daytime on the other to lend a hand.

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
alright well whatever can work out for you, i appreciate you even putting thought into it. if you decide that you can give me a call at 778 389 8643 my name is Nathan.

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
well grimjack helped me out and we got the transmission and other things out. i got the rest of the stuff out of the car and im ready to swap it in tomorrow... if all goes well the "new" car will have the 5 speed bolted into it with the clutch and flywheel etc by tomorrow evening. all thet will be left is to put the clutch hydraulics in (gettign new ones) and swap the 5 speed ECU and wiring harness in. while im doing that i will clean up some parts in the engine as i go then voila shell be on the road im excited.

I'd like to thank GrimJack for his generousity. he helpeed me greatly!