Cams For 2JZ VVT-i

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
I have a 2JZ TT VVT-i engine... I bought and HKS adjustable cam gear for it, but I wanted to know if it's worth buying "OR" can I buy a cam for the VVT-i? I know when it comes to cams for the VVT-i engines, you practically can't do much to them, so I wanted to know if I can replace the stock one with and after market cam from HKS.

Can you guys :1zhelp: me out.

-Cris

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
Must be nice having more money than brains. A quick google for 2jz vvti cams will net you a plethora of results. I'm assuming the bc cams will work considering ge and gte use the same cam seals, but if not, the Titan ones should do the trick. I see you were happy with kaizen's work, and since this is obviously a subject beyond the realm of your understanding, I would suggest you give them a call and your credit card, they could probably make this happen for you.

JZA70 Limited

Jul 19, 2008
Townsville
the BC cams will fit but they only have them for the NA vvti. I got mine custom ground with the TT non-vvti intake profile giving it bigger lift etc. didnt cost too much more.

Dimman

Back to the Left.
Stage 3 2JZGE (IS300) and stage 3 2JZGTE (Supra) are almost identical. They're both 272s. They both have the same lift. Duration @ .050" is 1 degree more intake, 1 degree less exhaust for the GEs.

But it says at the bottom of the GE chart: "No valve timing events due to variable intake cam." What does this mean? Does it mean they aren't compatible with the VVT-i pulley?

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Vrank!!!;1600244 said:
Must be nice having more money than brains. A quick google for 2jz vvti cams will net you a plethora of results. I'm assuming the bc cams will work considering ge and gte use the same cam seals, but if not, the Titan ones should do the trick. I see you were happy with kaizen's work, and since this is obviously a subject beyond the realm of your understanding, I would suggest you give them a call and your credit card, they could probably make this happen for you.

Thanks 4 the comment that crawl up ur ass.... But I did my research other wise I wouldn't be asking and like JZA70 limited said BC dosen't work, unless it's custom made... And I am happy with kaizen they do good work I've been going 2 them for years now.... And it does pay 2 be 2 have more $$$$ than brains that's why I'm rich like a b*%#h...