camber bolts

6_COPF

Oct 11, 2006
Western MA
a couple weeks ago i got the tokico/eibach suspension on my car which lowered it a bit. i went for an alignment and the guy said that he couldnt even budge the camber bolts and that i needed to get new ones in order to fix the camber. i went to toyota and got 4 bolts; i thought one for each wheel, but i got under the front of the car tonight to start replacin them and it looks like there are 4 camber bolts in the front and 4 in hte rear. am i lookin in teh wrong place or are there really 8 camber bolts on the entire car, front and back combined?

ive checked the 2 manuels i have at home and one on the internet. also search the site, cant find anything. any help would b greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

6_COPF

Oct 11, 2006
Western MA
is it really gonna b that bad? my camber isnt too bad, but its definently noticable and i dont want my tires to get messed up.

6_COPF

Oct 11, 2006
Western MA
i just found that their are 8 so i think im just gonna leave it. it aint that bad anyways.
thanks for all the help, especially that link, had good info in it
thanks again.

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
They are not that bad, there are 2 front camber eccentrics-left and right, and 2 front caster eccentrics-left and right, same for the rear.

I was able to get mine out with relative ease when I did the poly-u bushings.

I have a couple of spares if someone messes theirs up.

Wayne

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
how about freezing the bolt out? i picked up some CRC freeze-off last week and that did pretty good for getting a rusted brake line fitting off, but nothing of the seized bolt sort.

in general, why not try to cool the bolt til itll be able to be pounded out? anyone have some liquid nitrogen :)

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
The freezing would be a good idea. The metal around the bolt would also cool down and shrink too. It would probably be best if you froze it all, and if they still didn't come out, heat the metal AROUND the bolt and quickly get the bolt outa there before it warms back up ;).

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
too bad you cant pipe liquid nitrogen right down to the head of the bolt and shatter it.

6_COPF

Oct 11, 2006
Western MA
yea, its too bad im fresh out of liquid nitrogen. can i get that CRC freeze-off at an automotive store or hardware store? i think itd b worth a shot.

is there a difference in the way the camber bolts are compared to the caster ones? and which ones are the camber bolts on the front; the one closer to the front, or the one further back?

thanks for the help

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
6_COPF said:
yea, its too bad im fresh out of liquid nitrogen. can i get that CRC freeze-off at an automotive store or hardware store? i think itd b worth a shot.

is there a difference in the way the camber bolts are compared to the caster ones? and which ones are the camber bolts on the front; the one closer to the front, or the one further back?

thanks for the help

i found mine at the local hardware store. something else to give a shot: chewing gum and candle wax remover. works by freezing the gum/wax til its brittle then you take a putty knife and scrape it off. this stuff gets cold as hell, and is highly (i burned a hole in the porch awning) flammable.

check in cleaning products, i usually borrow a can from school when i need to get something done.