Cam Angle Sensor Question

Anti Lagged

Feb 8, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
So, I bought my 89 Supra a couple months back and had a couple questions which I got answered quickly on this forum so I have another one. My 89 has had a 7M swapped in and they had to splice the harness in for the motor, as I know these cars had a couple different harnesses. Now my question is, that the current CAS in th car has three white wires coming off and soldered into one before the pigtail going into the wiring harness and I wanted to know what year CAS has only one white wire? The one in the CAS is acting up and will randomly ground itself to the motor and is beginning to act up.

Anti Lagged

Feb 8, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
The three white wires come out of the CPS and before the connector, they are soldered together... I'll try and get a pic of it. Limped the car to my parents house, which is about halfway from where I'm moving to and have been working on it.. Thanks for the help

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
One of us is confused. Perhaps you can rephrase the question you're asking. Again, every CPS has the three coil commons tied together in the pigtail and brought out to the connector as one wire (signal common -G). As far as I know this is true across all model years.

Anti Lagged

Feb 8, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
jetjock;1708003 said:
One of us is confused. Perhaps you can rephrase the question you're asking. Again, every CPS has the three coil commons tied together in the pigtail and brought out to the connector as one wire (signal common -G). As far as I know this is true across all model years.

Those three wires was what I was talking about. They are pretty poorly soldered together on my CPS, halfway between the connector and the CPS itself. I tried to look online to see a clear picture of one but wasn't able to. I ended up cutting the bad section out and placing a wire in and soldered it back together so I could have a temporary fix so I can get it to whichever house my wife and I get. Now my next hurdle is the idle air control valve that I have unplugged. This car has had some pretty ghetto rigged stuff on it, but the chassis is immaculate, no rust ^.^

I really appreciate yalls info and I wasn't trying to be a dick earlier, just pissed off at the car and that so far I haven't been able to find a house yet