Calling all stock suspension pre 89

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
A friend of mine needs some measurements taken so he can determine how he wants his new suspension. He wants to use the stock ride height as a reference.

I need measurements of ride height at the wheel wells. Please measure from the ground (center of the wheel) to the highest point of the wheel well.

If any of you have the time to get this for me I would appreciate it. Thanks

Aspec

Supra uber alles
Dec 22, 2005
Surprise, AZ
Sawbladz said:
A friend of mine needs some measurements taken so he can determine how he wants his new suspension. He wants to use the stock ride height as a reference.

I need measurements of ride height at the wheel wells. Please measure from the ground (center of the wheel) to the highest point of the wheel well.

Any (good) alignment shop should have a catalog or specs in the alignment equipment to answer this question. A Moog spring catalog will have oe specs.

In order to keep the Bureau of Automotive Repair happy in California any shop that sells replacement coil springs has to be able to justify why they were sold so Moog publishes approved measuremant points for o.e. ride height inspections with specs. Any brothers in CAL have a buddy in the biz?

A Parts store that has a Moog Catalog and a counter person that can find his butt with both hands may be able to look it up for ya.

Good luck, happy to help.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I just want to bump this one more time. Just in case there is someone that can measure their car for me. I agree the above idea is a good one and I mentioned it to him.

Also, just for reference, I measured my car with H&R springs and Tockico HP's.

Front: 24.25 inches

Rear: 25 inches

My cars suspension is well broken in so I beleive it is fully settled.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
front 50 inches rear 40 inches.. (*not actual measurements)

every pre89 i've seen on stock suspension is jacked way up in the front!

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I can go measure mine if it's needed.

But you've got me confused - you want it from the center of the wheel, or from the ground?

Sportin' all stock, down to the 'bladez!

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Sorry for the confusion. I want it measured from the ground. When I stated center of the wheel I meant not off to one side or the other. If it's not too much trouble that'd be great. Thanks.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
i'll measure mine when i get home tomorrow if i can find my tape.

btw...wouldnt sidewall size come into play here as well? it should.... and might.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Yes the sidewall size does come into play. I was assuming stock sized tires. If you don't know how yours compares you can check the diameter with the tire size calculator in the reference section.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Doward said:
I can go measure mine if it's needed.

But you've got me confused - you want it from the center of the wheel, or from the ground?

Sportin' all stock, down to the 'bladez!

Just as a reminder:biglaugh:

tonystarks

mmmmm......beer
Dec 7, 2006
hell
with as much space as I have I could stick some mudders on and git'r done:evil2: I'm getting a set of springs from a 91 to lower the front a few feet!! My 18's make my car look like 2 fat chicks are in the hatch eating chicken.

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
hahaahhaha, i still have the 4x4 look, let me go measure. Ok tires are 255-55 on sawblades front is 75 mm and rear is 85 mm. i just did it right now. man i need to get coilovers but every one wants like a G for an ok set.

Last edited:

Wayne G.

87Turbo 5sp Targa
Apr 19, 2005
Gainesville,Ga.
Sawbladz said:

Bone stock 87 with sawblades and well worn 205-55 16s the measure is
28 3/4" ---

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
tonystarks said:
with as much space as I have I could stick some mudders on and git'r done:evil2: I'm getting a set of springs from a 91 to lower the front a few feet!! My 18's make my car look like 2 fat chicks are in the hatch eating chicken.
technically they are still my wheels b/c you have yet to pay me for them!