call of duty black ops pc

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
northwestsupra;1638991 said:
i forgot to mention about the demos, back in the day they did you to do demos, for whatever reason they have completely stopped those for PC, havent really seen a new game demo for a while. LFD2 was pretty good lol, i actually just got done playing medal of honor but it runs at like 10-20 fps lol so its kinda not worth it for me. i played force unleased also and that ran awful when i played as darth vadar, but better as a jedi but overall it sucked. need for speed has been a good series except for the "bling bling" and im kinda looking forward to NFS HP 2010

but my overall favs that would have to be the half life series OHHH i love Half life soooo much, and it runs perfect on my PC. its a simple and very interactive game. counter strike is a great online game to. bad company 2 has been fun also. diablo 2 was great also for a older school game.

I would have to say piracy is on a rise because they have stopped producing demos...Make the games affordable and release demos and they could all but wipe out PC piracy.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
There are quite a few studies of the impact of pirated media to paid consumption. Current estimates range from 5:1 to 2:1, meaning that for every 5 pirated versions a company loses one real sale. In the US, the GAO came out with a report reviewing methodologies and studies for estimating the impacts of counterfeit and pirated goods: “INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Observations on Efforts to Quantify the Economic Effects of Counterfeit and Pirated Goods,” available at http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d10423.pdf.

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
SupraMario;1639008 said:
I would have to say piracy is on a rise because they have stopped producing demos...Make the games affordable and release demos and they could all but wipe out PC piracy.

I disagree. While not all pirates are looking to just get the game for free, I definitely wouldn't claim that the majority of them have a benevolent agenda. Demos and more affordable games would certainly contribute, a LOT, but I still think there would be a lot out there. Like GrimJack said though, I'm not sure how adversely this impacts sales. If they're pirating the game, I feel like they often they wouldn't have planned on buying it anyways.

I personally tend to only pirate things that I already own, such as Oblivion where the disk is all scratched up and won't play anymore, or old movies I have on VHS I feel like watching again (assuming I can find that movie at least, which often I can't :( )

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
the xbox has flaws wiht sound and odd glitch

ps3 herd they have about the same as well

reason for this they can fix it later christmass hint hint wink wink

grandturismoe goign to sqeek by on the 7th of dec since most poeepl are done there main shopping by then

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
I have BLack Ops on PS3. I havent had any problems wiht sound or video glitching, but have problems nontheless. I've had problems with some of the charcters glitching. On the second level, (the one where you and reznov escape vorkuta) Rezniov got stuck at the part right before he uses a blow torch to open the armory up so you can get the gatling gun. On the first Vietnam level at the part where you jump in the jeep and blow up tanks, Sgt Woods didnt jump in the jeep and drive like he shouldve. Instead, he just stood next to the jeep and shot at the infintes waves of spawning VC that are charging the base.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
I think it's funny how if this thread were about copied ebay parts it, everybody would be talking about "shitty china parts" and "copied garbage" and how buying those parts undercuts the legitimate makers who design their parts. But when it comes to copied video games? Everythings A-ok there, they're just greedy companies trying to suck the consumer dry.

I also love the "well I wouldn't have bought it anyways so it's ok to pirate it" mentality. "I wouldn't buy a real set of Volk wheels (because I can't afford it), so that makes it ok to steal them (off somebody else's car)" But remember, it's a face-less company so it's ok. :icon_roll

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
On a side note, 5.6 MILLION copies in one day? If I'm doing the math right, at $60 per copy, that's 336 MILLION dollars in one day? Still scratching my head and wondering if I threw in an extra zero to my calculations there...

Anyone else getting the same figures? Gotta say, that's a good chunk of change.

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
My friends and I are all having issues finding games in matchmaking on the XBox. Sometimes it sticks you in "combat training" games randomly, sometimes it just drops your party and keeps searching with you alone. Also, when I say 'sometimes' I mean 'most of the time' ;)

Also, I made the mistake of playing split-screen with a friend. He joined my game, and the game forgot that I like to play inverted, it forgot my safe zones as well as my look sensitivity. It also had graphic lag like I had an eMachines 360.

Mike

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
te72;1639241 said:
On a side note, 5.6 MILLION copies in one day? If I'm doing the math right, at $60 per copy, that's 336 MILLION dollars in one day? Still scratching my head and wondering if I threw in an extra zero to my calculations there...

Anyone else getting the same figures? Gotta say, that's a good chunk of change.

and they still managed to F the game up lol, for everyone. Everyone is probably on vacation now lol