bypassing the egr system

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
i need to find the way to bypass the egr system until i get the block off plates, this goes with my "wierd vacuum" post but i couldn't edit this question in. so sorry for the new post, but was wondering how to accomplish this bypass without removal... what vacuum hoses do i plug off and which do i reattach to something else?

thanx in advance,
ross

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
unplug the vacume line on top of the tb and maybe just put a cheap tin shim in the middle of the egr and intake. you could just go to suprasport.com and get the plates for like $30. look through the tsrm of search for the diagram here.

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
so i think i've found my problem, if the fuel pressure up vsv isn't plugged in would that cause me to backfire or miss , pretty much just drive very harshly? and since mine is hanging loosely by the vacuum lines i also need to know where it is supposed to get bolted to? and which of the wires running to it goes to which side of terminal on the plug from the harness?

thanx a bunch
ross

btw: car is a 89t with intake, bov, dp and this all started when i changed the valve covers

thanx again