Bypassing neutral safty switch for auto engine swap into 5 speed chassis

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
The only thing left to do before installing my engine is figureing out how to bypass the neutral safty switch. from the TSRM it looks like the 2 big round connectors are the one needed to do this. im thinking possibly the B-W and B-L wires from the 3 pronged connector. i understand i need to trick the ecu into thinking its always in park but cant figure out how. any input would be awesome

p1620095_1.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Look at all of the "similar threads" about ten inches below this post. One of those should help you. Good luck.

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
Plug those two together that you have circled (B-L and B-W) and that's it. I just pigtailed mine and put a screw on cap on them, however I'm going to solder them with a nice connection soon. Some people choose to wire it up so your car won't start unless the clutch is depressed, on my car I just wired those two together.

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
Option two would be to just leave the neutral switch attached to the plugs and secure it somewhere under the hood. Adjust it to the "park" position and you're done for the starting. Now as far as the reverse lights go, that will be a custom deal or just live without them.