Buying a 7MGTE

slightly_red_MA70

Holy S*** I own a Racecar
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
Not too sure if this is the right place to posthis or not but im looking at buying a GTE to replace my GE. The guy wants 700 for the motor and whatever i need, so probly tranny(auto), ecu, and all the wiring. Its a complete motor but he said that it might need some work, i was just wondering if its worth the 700?

88supramaniac

Mar 8, 2009
chicopee,ma
No ....700 dollars for a 7mgte without the harness is too much...also an ecu and harness can cost you quite abit..do it right and buy a new harness which costs 700 dollars...plus a ecu for turbo car can cost you quite abit too...plus it needs work most likely...bhg...rod knock..blah blah blah..

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Pass if it needs work. Buy a running motor if you can or what I might do is buy a JDM GTE and strip it down and have it rebuilt.

Unless you come across a gold mine and know exactly what you're doing, expect to pay at least~1500 for a good 7MGTE with all the accessories.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
dont tell him how much money you got! wait till the last minute and wave a few bills and say its all you have:cry:. once the cash is in the face they never refuse!:naughty:

OR

CRAIGSLIST... every day and hour of your free time lol. im picking up a complete swamp with TWO motors,ECU, IC, piping and harness for half of that.