buying 7mgte

fcjoe58

Feb 1, 2014
rialto
So I'm trying to figure out what I want to do Maybe you guys can help. So I need to ether rebuilt my 7mgte or buy one on a Facebook forum that the guy claims is rebuilt with crower rods pistons and ring and the head has super tech springs with arps and metal hg.

What way do u guys think I should go risking some one rebuilding hope they do it right or risk buying this guys engine.

Also what kind I look for in the supposedly built engine this guy is selling so I can see its actual what is done to it? Can I check down spark plug hole to check heads of pistons or what can I look at?

Ps sorry if I'm posting in wrong section I'm sure you guys will move it if I am thanks!

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
My concerns is why did he not use engine? Any warranty comes with engine? I have had poor results from buying someone else "unfinished projects" . They usually get rid of because of the lingering questions in the back of their head. Does he have parts and machine shop invoices? It should also be sold at a deep discount. IMO. When I sell my 7MGTE i will still have it in my car so they can test drive car and see what they are getting. Good luck.