burning oil

supratoyota18

May 20, 2007
maryland
if I'm driving my car and i come to a stop and turn it off to park. when i go to start it up later it burns oil but if i wait for a minute before i shut it off. it doesn't burn oil when i go to start it up later? What could cause that?

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
Step 1: Click search
Step 2: Type "burning oil"

But enough being an a$$, most common responses will be valve seals or leaking turbo seals. Pull off the dp and see if there is oil all over the back of your turbo.

Tried a leakdown test yet?

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
SevenMKIII;1035274 said:
Step 1: Click search
Step 2: Type "burning oil"

But enough being an a$$, most common responses will be valve seals or leaking turbo seals. Pull off the dp and see if there is oil all over the back of your turbo.

Tried a leakdown test yet?

;)

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I know I have a very slight leak on my oil return line on my turbo. Exact same thing happens as you described. Could be something completely different though. Try and find out where it's pooling/burning off and that will give you at least a bit of an idea where it could be coming from.

suprahabsfan

Boost Addict
Sep 28, 2007
Sylvania, OH
supratoyota18;1035267 said:
if I'm driving my car and i come to a stop and turn it off to park. when i go to start it up later it burns oil but if i wait for a minute before i shut it off. it doesn't burn oil when i go to start it up later? What could cause that?

valve guide seals, turbo seals, a lot of oil in your pcv system, faulty piston rings, valve seals... as you can see it can be a lot of things, cant really tell just from describing it