bumper swap?

Supralove93

Nov 20, 2012
Delaware
I have an 87 supra but I really like the later years front bumper. Other then I grill will the bumper mount right up, or am I going to have to do some
more work then that.

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
I think they mount right up. I have a 89 and my bumper when I bought it was in rough shape I had a hell of a time trying to find one within 80 miles of me. There's people on here with them for sale but the shipping will cost more then the bumper. I also noticed my local junkyard have 4 supra but all are per 89. 89 and on the production of the supra went down fast that's why you don't see as many 89 and on cars thus making it harder to find parts.

Good luck with with you search. If you have one already they will mount right up I believe.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
the bumpers are interchangeable from all years, but taking that bumper off is a bitch theres more bolts on it alone then anything else on our cars. lol

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Andre-2;1936544 said:
You will also have to change the corner lights because later models are smaller I think.And the fog lights on 89+ are bigger than thr earlier ones.

Yeah, the fog lights are different and the plastic lip on the bottom is also different.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Beals;1936526 said:
the bumpers are interchangeable from all years, but taking that bumper off is a bitch theres more bolts on it alone then anything else on our cars. lol

I swear, Supra owners throw that around way more than is necessary. Camber bolts are such a bitch! Not really.. Get a 5 inch cut off wheel and you're done in 10 seconds. Taking the bumper off is such a bitch! Again, not true. Maybe 6 bolts hold it on. A handful of electrical connectors and it's off. There's a ton of other "bitch" projects on the Supra, but I've found they're all relatively simple and straightforward.

mikejza70

Nov 3, 2012
mn
Backlash2032;1937184 said:
I swear, Supra owners throw that around way more than is necessary. Camber bolts are such a bitch! Not really.. Get a 5 inch cut off wheel and you're done in 10 seconds. Taking the bumper off is such a bitch! Again, not true. Maybe 6 bolts hold it on. A handful of electrical connectors and it's off. There's a ton of other "bitch" projects on the Supra, but I've found they're all relatively simple and straightforward.

absolutely 100% agreed. Itook my bumper (pre89) off for the first time last week and it was super easy and I was expecting it to take a good chunk of time. Only took me about 30min.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
It took me about an hour to put the header panel and bumper on my car because I bought it like that and never took one off before.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2