Builtmk3's build thread

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
boostadikt said:
they dont look too bad... you could use filler and repaint the section

Anybody know how hard it would be to blend black if we decide to do this. I wouldnt think it would be an issue since its the same paint and isnt faded. Just thought I would ask.

BuiltMK3

Lurker for Life
Sep 27, 2005
CT
socc924 said:
Anybody know how hard it would be to blend black if we decide to do this. I wouldnt think it would be an issue since its the same paint and isnt faded. Just thought I would ask.

I guess no one knows Brian :icon_bigg .

Wow i haven't updated this in a long time. Not much has changed with the car. I have just been collecting parts. Heres some pics.

My RPS clutch kit.
p618989_1.jpg

p618989_2.jpg

One piece aluminum drive shaft
p618989_3.jpg

Fidenza flywheel
p618989_4.jpg

Koyo Radiator
p618989_5.jpg

New wire harness from Horse Power Freaks
p618989_6.jpg

I'm still waiting on the good doctor to send me my full Maft Pro kit (backordered), and Derek at PowerTrip Performance is building me a FFIM. I will be sure to post pics when they arrive.

Last edited:

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
I think were about ready to install the driveline!!!! Man I have got to get out there with ya. You should also ask julio about the 89+ bumper they pulled off a car. And did you finish polishing what we started?

BuiltMK3

Lurker for Life
Sep 27, 2005
CT
socc924 said:
I think were about ready to install the driveline!!!! Man I have got to get out there with ya. You should also ask julio about the 89+ bumper they pulled off a car. And did you finish polishing what we started?

Julio, whats up with the bumper??

I am going to try to finish polishing the rest of the engine parts this weekend. The motor is looking pretty good though:naughty: . I can't wait to get that FFIM on it. I'll take some pics soon.

Oh, and i forgot to add that i sent my exhaust manifold out to JDub who is ceramic coating it for me. Can't wait to get that back so i can get the turbo mounted up.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
interesting....

the bumper is in pretty good condition, it just needs to be repainted cause the paint is chipping, i'll get some pics this weekend, brian needs to remind me tho.
might need to get some 89+ foglights and crap too tho and the nose piece for the turn signals, we got pretty much everything u'll need for the front conversion. Bumper, turnsignals, grills, nose piece...

and brian i got a something for u ;), u might know wat it is already.

BuiltMK3

Lurker for Life
Sep 27, 2005
CT
empera said:
interesting....

the bumper is in pretty good condition, it just needs to be repainted cause the paint is chipping, i'll get some pics this weekend, brian needs to remind me tho.
might need to get some 89+ foglights and crap too tho and the nose piece for the turn signals, we got pretty much everything u'll need for the front conversion. Bumper, turnsignals, grills, nose piece...

and brian i got a something for u ;), u might know wat it is already.

Cool, get me some pics. I'm hopeing to make it down for the meet in a few weeks so i could get it from you then. I'm not worried about the paint, i can repaint it. I still have a bunch of other parts to paint anyway. I'm not sure what else you have for me though:icon_conf

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
u can visit our parts gallery when u come down, u should come down saturday...birthday party...again, i would say friday cause i have off and plan on wildin' out then too but thats pushing it for u ;)

BuiltMK3

Lurker for Life
Sep 27, 2005
CT
I would come down Friday but Amy has to work on Saturday. I will be on my way down after she gets out Saturday. We should be there aroung 9ish. I was hopeing to take the vett but we may need to take Amy's suv so i have somewhere to put all of the parts i'll be taking home. Where is the party, your house?

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
this is not a party it is a small gathering ;) like before, anywho...yea its at my house. I know how much amy loves my neighborhood.

BuiltMK3

Lurker for Life
Sep 27, 2005
CT
I got my ceramic coated exhaust manifold back from JDub today. All i can say is WOW!!! :aigo:

Here's the before.

p637306_1.jpg

Here's the after.

p637306_2.jpg

p637306_3.jpg

Thanks JDub. You do great work.

BuiltMK3

Lurker for Life
Sep 27, 2005
CT
MKIII-DRIFTKING said:
WOW...that looks really nice!!! I can't believe I missed this thread all this time...LOT of work so far..

Was the coating done by JDub here on SM?? How much?

Yes sir, our very own JDub. Not sure if he wants me to post the price but it was very reasonable for the work he did.

BuiltMK3

Lurker for Life
Sep 27, 2005
CT
BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!!!! So, i finally got some ambition to start working on the car again. After all of the body work i've done i've only learned one thing. I hate body work!! So after taking a break from the car for a while i decided it was about time to get back to it. I started out by mounting up my exhaust manifold, turbo, and intake manifold.
p877539_1.jpg

p877539_2.jpg

p877539_3.jpg

I cut a big hole in the trunk to install all of this good stuff. One of my friends is making me a piece of sheet metall to weld into the trunk so i can mount the fuel cell and battery.
p877539_4.jpg

p877539_5.jpg

Got some new solid motor mounts from MDC.
p877539_6.jpg

Got a new pair of adjustable trailing arms from A1 Racing.
p877539_7.jpg

Got this to help out with the burnouts.
p877539_8.jpg

So in the next couple weeks i hope to get the clutch and tranny installed. Get a new break booster, break master cylinder, clutch master and slave cylinder. Run new lines, then get the motor in. I decided to sell my MAFT Pro and go AEM. If anyone out there is selling one please let me know.

Last edited: