Budget big brake kit?

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
Hello there

Been a long time since posting on here!

Due to be back in a MK3 Supra in a month. I've just agreed to buy a 92 NA Drift/Track car complete with coilovers, part cage, buckets, hydro hand brake, that sort of stuff.

The only thing I can think of that'll let it down on track are the brakes as they're the standard items.

The last time I was into MK3s the consensus was to go with the kit that ARZ makes. Now, while I'd love to do that I can't QUITE bring myself to spend more than I paid for the car on brakes. I was wondering if things had moved on a bit and a 'budget' option had come to the surface since I've been gone?

Is the night-pager kit still viable? Has someone worked out how to use off the shelf discs as opposed to machining them?

Thanks

Josh

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
I'm in the UK so there so parts vary drastically, but to give you an idea I can get a pair of replica night-pager brackets, 300zx calipers, 350z Discs/Rotors and track spec pads for about $600, but I think machining is needed for the discs with makes it a deal breaker.

$600 would be my maximum though. Anymore and I'll just put up with brake fade...

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
there are a few people working on new budget front kits (for various wheel sizes), and for the rear you can do the WRX rotor with EVO caliper, just search as there is a whole thread discussing it.