Bsvs doesn't exist on jdm?

SupraTrbo89

Sep 21, 2006
West Chester, PA
I have an 89 7mgte with a jdm motor that was put in by the previous owner. The charcoal canister has no hose coming out of the left side running to the bsvs. The other hose from the throttle body is capped off. The thermostat housing doesn't have a spot bsvs at all? After reading some threads I beleive this is normal on a jdm engine as those cars didn't have a charcoal cannister. Should I connect the capped off piece from the throttle body to the charcoal canister or eliminate it all together which is essentially what's happening now.

SupraTrbo89

Sep 21, 2006
West Chester, PA
Looks like I have a temp sensor where the BSVS should be. I wonder if the hydro carbons from my gas tank not being routed to my intake manifold makes a difference? I'm sure it does, however it's not noticeable in terms of engine performance. Does the USDM ECU expect this "HC air" in the air fuel mixture? Without this extra "HC air" does it run leaner? I don't want to get into a huge discussion here b/c i know its been discussed in threads before.

So my gas tank fumes at this point are vented to the canister and out the other side into the engine bay.....isn't some vacuum required here for the gas tank? My car has run fine for years with it this way.