broken bolt

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
I have a broken flywheel bolt stuck in side the crank and it is broken flush meaning a clean break.... Is there a drill bit anyone recommends

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Well theyre torqued that much but all that torque is released where theres no head on the bolt. Try a big easy out, or if you have a dremel with a disc, try to cut a groove in it and use a flathead screwdriver to get it out.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
this is easy to do welding is the best but not every ones has one

take a punch and hammer and brake fulid place punch center of bolt put some brake fuild around the stock

smach that freaking punch as hard as you can and repeat

after that take an easy out to the broken bolt and take out the bolt

works 9/10 times in les sit some really crash broken bolt

see what happen's is the shock form the hammer lets the tenstion give and the brake fuild to get down in to the threads act's as a lubercated cause it will eat pretty much every thing ( brake fuild is very good pentrating fuild if not the best)

give it a try i bet it will work for you

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
RedEj8 said:
Well theyre torqued that much but all that torque is released where theres no head on the bolt. Try a big easy out, or if you have a dremel with a disc, try to cut a groove in it and use a flathead screwdriver to get it out.

Never thought to do that(not that I have a dremel), but man thats great. I just battled a borken bolt on my jeep. Thing was rusted in place plus had blue locktite. It snapped off leaving maybe 1/4" to work with. Vice grips just couldnt do it, easy out just wouldnt budge it either.

I got lucky and was able to pull the part and get to the bolt from the other side or id been hating life.

I think the welding option is the best bet though, I must buy a rig for that I have the worst luck with snapping bolts.

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
I tried the dremel idea yesterday before I broke out the welder.... all the dremel did was prep the surface of the bolt for easier welding...:rofl:

Let us know when you get it out.