Brian's Dd/auto X/security Car

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
So I picked up a 94 del sol sir vtec model.It has 196,XXX miles on it and it rides like it has 60K on it.I got the car for a steal 1,000 bucks!!00 and cops love the car lol

Ima school you guys on some del sol 411 in 94 in the u.s they made a del sol s witch was ass a si witch had a 1.6 liter single cam motor and rear disc brakes and than they made a vtec model witch in Japan is the sir and that what most people call it on the street.The sir came with a 1.6 liter B16A2 duel cam motor that made 167hp in the u.s.a. and 118tq(thats it??)bigger front brakes,lager front sway bar,a rear sway bar thats super small,front strut bar,and wider tires.

So my plans with the car are simple as simple as it gets.....Keep it stock or damn near it.I want to keep it low key cause I 1.) cops love it already lol 2.)I use the car for work so I can't really have a hot ride with bling 3.)I want to run in a stock class for auto x g stock to be exact and 4.)the car has great power to weight ratio and handles great for a stock FF and I feel that its a bit of a collectors item since they only made 800 that year in the U.S.A.

Well about a few days into owning the car I started getting to work.New cap,rotor,spark plugs,spark plug wires,fuel filter,k&n drop in air filter,trans fluid,royal purple(I think that this is the only oil that I'm using in this.I know no ams oil lol)btw this was the first synthetic oil to ever be used in this motor so it was kind of a big deal picking a oil for it but I read up and this should do the job for the motor.

Other thing I have to do to make this car better at this time:
Get a driver side mirror,bleed the brakes,bleed the clutch,flush out the coolent,recharge a/c system,get amber corners,new tires,password jdm poly shifter bushings,and wash the car lol

The bad:
one little tinny spec on rust on the rear fender,rust in the door jam,faded paint,red vents and speaker covers,4th and th gear grind when you in the high rpm's anything passed 5K unless you go in slow,water chilling some where that I cant find!!,needs a driver side door,fender corner light(ebay ambers 25$FTW)and a driver side mirror.Not bad for 1,000 dollar car right?

Plans for the future:Maco paint job o.e.m. color,bilstein shocks,sport springs of some kind,energy poly bushings,ss brake lines,Maybe 15 inch rims for the street

And now what you've been waiting for pictures.

The Del Sol on duty

Droped the rear with 1000 lb's of friends on the back

You call that a rear sway bar?? LOL

Rear spacers..I was thinking of chucking them but what the hell right

After I chucked the cruise control and that dumb snorkel box

The Ugly:

The car looks better in person but it's no gem.Well I hope you guys like it.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Why would you do a Maaco paint job on it? You know they have a limited color selection right? If you want the car painted right and won't have to worry about the paint chipping and peeling later on have the car properly painted. At the minimum prep the car yourself and save a fortune. And be sure to use quality paint materials. I cheaped out on the materials for my Supra and now I'm paying for it.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
I was thinking of painting it my self but I really have no where to do it.Plus you can get a great paint job a macco that last long.I've seen it many time(I wont let them paint the supra cause I need it to be 100%)But they will do a good job just as long as you bring them the paint,the clear,you tell them how you want it painted and dish out a little more money and always ask to talk to the guy who's going to be painting your car and give him a real nice tip befor he paints it.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
MK3.0dudeman;1322246 said:
you can get a great paint job a macco that last long.I've seen it many time(I wont let them paint the supra cause I need it to be 100%)But they will do a good job just as long as you bring them the paint,the clear,you tell them how you want it painted and dish out a little more money and always ask to talk to the guy who's going to be painting your car and give him a real nice tip befor he paints it.

I wouldn't let them touch any of my cars. You'd be best off prepping the car as much as you can yourself in your driveway and then doing like you said. Remember, 95% of a good paint job is in the prep work.

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
honestabe;1322291 said:
I wouldn't let them touch any of my cars. You'd be best off prepping the car as much as you can yourself in your driveway and then doing like you said. Remember, 95% of a good paint job is in the prep work.

+1

I deffanitly agree with abe on the maaco paint jobs, they WILL chip or flake. The one important thing ive been taught about spraying paint is proper prep work makes the difference..

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
we'll really its 98% but for real guys I've seen a few do good jobs on and if it chips or flakes it's like a 5 year or life time warranty on it.

But for real guys I could care less cause it's not getting painted any time soon and I don't want you guys to think that I'm fighting you guys.I know your right it's just I don't have much time and if I'm painting this car it's going to be for cheap and just something to clean it up a bit so relax it's not that big of a deal lol.

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
paint it khaki tan. That's what all the other civic guys around here are doing :p

Nice find overall though. These cars are pretty hard to find. I would rock it NA for a little while so you can slip by emissions in NJ, maybe slap a set of ROTA Slipstreams on them. that's just me though

where in nothern NJ are you? I have a second home in Basking Ridge...