Break up at about 5 % throttle

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
I have been trying hard to avoid asking this ? But I'm getting so frustrated. At about 5% throttle i am running rich as heck down to 8.23 on my afr's. I give it more pedal and it's ok. What has been done. New coils, new igniter, and all cap have been replaced in the ecu. Also at top end at wot it's running at 14.5 afr's but poping really bad. I have looked and searched for the prob's I'm haveing. That's why now I'm asking for help.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Start with the above suggestion. I'd personally suspect a TPS being out of spec/alignment myself, but I've never had this problem. Might list your related mods, could help those that know how to troubleshoot these things better than I do. ;)

JStoked

Jun 27, 2010
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
Sry I have checked the codes. Non showing. Mods are garret gt37 turbo, xs manifold, 44 mil waste gate with a 6 pound spring, 3 inch exhaust, 2.5 ic piping and bigger ic. That's about it. I have not yet checked the tps. That was one thing I was leaning to also.

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
Check your igniter. Had the same issue about 2 years ago. If someone around you got a 1/2 Jz, swap it out and see if that helps. Also, if that ends up being your problem, and you have to buy one, get a new one from DM or something. Ones you can get through Autozone and other auto parts stores are made in Mexico, or Taiwan, none of them are going to last as long as a genuine OEM (Japan) will, same with the coils, lol. Good luck !

Last edited: