Brakes pull to left

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
after i installed my SS brake lines and bled the system my car pulls to the left then i can feel the ABS engage and it somewhat brakes straight. I bled the brakes from rear passenger to rear driver to driver front to pass front. The car kind of shimmys when the brakes are initially applied and then tries to brake more correctly when the abs stops the particular rotors that are braking too much. It does this very much so when i brake down from 80mph and not so much from 50mph down.

After this problem surfaced i rebuilt the rear calipers and bled. THe driver rear caliper did have some rust in the cylinder but honed out pretty well. I still have the problem but even more so cause the rear calipers work better now. THe left rear is diffinately grabbing first. This set of brake shoes do not have the V shaped springs installed on the pads.

What is causing this problem? The brake master cylinder? The proportion valve? The ABS unit? Not bled properly?

thanks,
Hal

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
I think the method is rear right to rear left to right front to left front. depending on what year you have,the fluid might be rank and need to totally flushed.i think a faulty bms would not give any braking at all.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
year doesn't matter, all are a front rear split. mainly front wheel drive cars have a diagonal split due to being front heavy. you need to bleed the car right (pass) rear, left (driver) rear, right (pass) front and left (driver) front in that order.

At first thought, typically rears do not cause pulling problems only fronts do for the most part. Being that you only changed the lines, I'd suspect either a problem with a line or the bleeding. Another thing to add to this is that 9 times out of 10, the side that is the problem is that opposite side of the pull direction. So if its pulling to the left then its more then likely a problem on the right side.

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
I'm with Chris.
If, for example, its pulling to the left, its because the right is not braking as much as it should be. So the problem would be on the right. I have a friend who had a clog in his brake line after changing them. You could switch the lines from one side to the other to see if the problem follows the lines. Of course thats after you bled the heck out of the system in the right order.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
Thanks guys.

I have installed the front two caliper rebuild kits and tomorow i will bleed the front pass side last. I would think the right side would have the shortest line coming out of the abs system on that side. I hope bleeding it out will solve it.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
i bled the front right then the front left. I did the front brakes only. I still have the problem. I may blow thru the right front line to see if it is faulty and bleed all four wheels.

Maybe my pads or rotors are glazed?