Brake Upgrade ??

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
Hey Guys,
I was woundering if anyone know of a caliper upgrade i can do to my 7m. maybe like from a LS400, SC300 or somthing .. My brakes keep locking up after they heat up and i need some good brake power..

I was thinking about wilwood or brembo but thats out of my budget

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Maybe you should fix the problem of them locking up before upgrading. Chances are the problem will still be there after getting a bbk..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
ARZ's willwood setup is very nice, I have it on my car and will say they're very much worth the investment, IMO. Same for the cobra Mustang brake retrofit. The cobra brakes are going to be cheaper, but I can't comment on them (haven't driven a mk3 with them)

2jz88mk3

Dec 31, 2008
GVRA
toyotanos;1817738 said:
ARZ's willwood setup is very nice, I have it on my car and will say they're very much worth the investment, IMO. Same for the cobra Mustang brake retrofit. The cobra brakes are going to be cheaper, but I can't comment on them (haven't driven a mk3 with them)

+1 for arz willwoods in general
+3 for arz willwoods if you have asperations for more power

After my swap was finished I nearly wrecked off the highway. I knew the old stock brakes would suck, but after riding to the top of fourth to atleast "see" what this T67 would do on 16 psi, I found out that poor braking was a poor description of worn stock brakes, no brakes is a better one.

I now have the 13" 4 piston arz willwoods up front, had to buy bigger rims to fit them though, otherwise I'd still have sawbladez.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I will also vouch for the ARZ setup, it's quite nice. Feels like stock until you REALLY need it. ;)

You do have a few options here though, but you haven't exactly given us much to go with here. WHY are your brakes locking up from heat? In my experience, heat causes fade... What are you doing/plan on doing with the car? Not everybody needs a BBK, some can get by with fresh rotors and a good pad for their desired use.

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
I am using my car only as an drift car .. The brakes locked up on me as i was braking to avoid hitting a wall the other night .. i kinda happen out of no ware .. I wasnt even using them much before that ..

nightrider760

Sep 25, 2008
escondido , tijuana
Iam a sc300 guy.. and our brakes are not an upgrade that is why we upgrade to LS400 brakes , front and rear. In fact the rotors of the mk3 are thicker than sc300 rotors. LS400 brakes are cheap and can be found at the bone yard. In order for you to make them fit into the Mk3 chassis , you will have to make some brakets or modify the spindles...

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
So i found out that there was a tone of air in my brake lines ..Plus the brake fluid was pitch black

IMG_1485.jpg

I changed it and drove it around town today big difference

tomorrow .. Infineon race way !