brake pedal gives out

fcjoe58

Feb 1, 2014
rialto
Like the tittle says my brake pedal will drop to the floor!
It's intermediate but it has happened two days in a row now both times in the morning while it's cold coming into a stop sign I go to hit the brakes and the pedal gets soft and goes down to the floor I have to pump it fast about 2 times then gets stiff again and works.

Things I have checked was for any fluid leaks and fluid level also condition of brake hardware (pads and rotors) everything checks out good so I i'm lost? Like I said it's intermediate happens maybe once a day and usually in the morning on my way to work please any info on what this might be i'm getting scared to drive it!

Rafagazos

Mar 9, 2011
Virginia
Might want to try bleeding the system. But in my opinion your brake master cylinder might be starting on its way out, happened once to me in those ol' honda days, brake pedal smashed against the floor and trying to pull it up and pumping to try to brake was not fun especially with cars ahead of me lol

fcjoe58

Feb 1, 2014
rialto
Rafagazos;1996596 said:
Might want to try bleeding the system. But in my opinion your brake master cylinder might be starting on its way out, happened once to me in those ol' honda days, brake pedal smashed against the floor and trying to pull it up and pumping to try to brake was not fun especially with cars ahead of me lol

Haha the Honda days I remember those days...
Yea I was kinda thinking MC was going out too I was looking at the fluid and it's kinda dirty looking...but what gets me is why is it intermediate if it was the MC I would think it would just go out?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Loosen the master from the booster and pull it away a bit and check for wetness. There's a gasket there, so when the master goes out, it doesn't visibly leak...

fcjoe58

Feb 1, 2014
rialto
Poodles;1996602 said:
Loosen the master from the booster and pull it away a bit and check for wetness. There's a gasket there, so when the master goes out, it doesn't visibly leak...

Kool will try that tomorrow