Brake light issues

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Well this problem has seem to come about at the end of last year. Initially when I started having problems with them it would be at night and when I would go to hit the brakes my brake lights would stick on. I would have to shut the lights off then back on and the brake lights when turn off until the next time I hit the brakes. Later on that year I lost my tail lights all together but my brake lights would still just fine and not stick anymore. I started trying to sort out this issue today. I 1st went down to my 87 parts car and took the lamp fail module thinking maybe that was the issue (if the 88's and 87's are different please let me know). That got my tail lights to come on again but the brake lights were stuck on once more. I unhooked the brake light switch off my pedal. That didn't seem to help. If I unplugged my right tail light it would shut the brake lights off, left tail light would stay on and the brake lights would work normal. Then I took the left tail light and plugged it into the right side and took the right side and plugged it into the left side. That didn't seem to help at all. I'm running out of ideas on what to check and I'm looking for ideas/opinions. The only factor that might be causing an issue is I relocated my Fuse box. I didn't mess with any of the wires just turned it. Is it possible I didn't get the grounds in a good enough spot?

422021_10150702250736072_554031071_11616884_1545308530_n.jpg

You can see the fusebox in the lower right hand corner.

Thanks

Matt