BOV Installed. No stalling problems. Just have a simple question.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Ok so i installed the BOV Kit from CXRacing. I didn't even need to adjust, it blows off perfect. (stock psi) I don't get any stall problems AT ALL. :naughty: i blocked off the stock BPV spot on the accordion hose. ETC. Its after a while of driving that i get a LOUD Pop & i IMMEDIATELY thought "Unburnt fuel in the exhaust" well is this bad for the engine? or my Valve stem seals? i remember reading something about it but can't find the thread. Thanks!

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
that should technically only happen when you blow off at full boost a few times, although it happens at other times as well. The more boost you hit, the more fuel gets dumped in the exhaust after you push the clutch in. I dont think it will hurt anything do you have a full exhaust with cat and a resonator?

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Compton74;1694118 said:
that should technically only happen when you blow off at full boost a few times, although it happens at other times as well. The more boost you hit, the more fuel gets dumped in the exhaust after you push the clutch in. I dont think it will hurt anything do you have a full exhaust with cat and a resonator?

Yea i noticed at full boost it does it more. As i drive it'll occasionally pop... But ITS LOUD, sounds like one of those swap meet explosives that you grab by the tail & you throw on the floor to explose.

& yes i have a 2.25" downpipe to 3" & then theres a 3" Inlet/Outlet Catalytic Converter to 3" pipe to 3" inlet muffler to 4" outlet.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
mkiiichip;1694143 said:
So your ok with the popping noise between gears?

It's not that common... happens every now and then, like once every trip i make to somewhere... & yea i kinda like it. i get to scare Ricers... ;) I live in a town FULL of ricers... CIVICS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
MKIIISupraGuy;1694153 said:
does it pop once or is it multiple times ? Oh and I'd like to see an installed pic of the bov kit, and what you did etc.

It pops just once. As for pics give me a couple days to find the memory stick. All i have is phone camera which gets the point through, but lost the memory stick in the house. lol & the install is pretty easy! i don't have full intercooler kit yet. I'm working on getting an intercooler & then im going to get a universal piping kit. You'll see in the pics, thats if i find the memory stick. lol

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Poodles;1694189 said:
Remove the cat and it will shoot flames. Flames will attract cops...

True... Hope nothing ignites when there are officers around. I think the sound might attract them, that is, to pull me over & ask what that was.

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
Mine pops now and then and it's rank loud with straight exhaust, and the flame is like nothing just a small flash out the exhaust. As for cops, I'm sorry officer I don't know which noise you're talking about:evil2: