Boss turbo

zurud

Apr 10, 2005
Evansville, IN
I have boss 550 turbo that I plan to put on my car. I need a few parts to complete it. First is the intake. I don't know which route to take. Turbo intake is 3" and stock accordian is 2.75". I don't know if I can strectch the accordian pipe to fit the turbo. Or I can buy the steel intake pipe from ebay and use 3.0" to 2.75" adapter. Second is the 2 bolts at oil drain flange. Its turbonerics center section. Its probably standard fitting not metric. I don't have any standard bolts to test. If anybony knows, help is apreciated.

Thanks
Zurud

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Zurud - Nice to see you finally trying to step away from upgraded CT's and joining the real mans' world. ;)

You should be able to fit the factory accordian hose over it, assuming it's still got some rubber to it and not 20 year old hard plastic.
Heating it up always helps, too. :)

Jeff

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
You don't want to have an intake pipe diameter that is smaller then the turbo intake because it creates a restriction and possable compressor surge. what kind of BOV do you have, recirc or open? Do you still use your AFM? I may have a cheap intake that will work for you depending on your setup.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
get a metal pipe either off ebay or have one made. then you can reuse it if you go to another turbo later on.

as for the bolts not sure of the size off the top of my head. good luck