bootcamp, hospital corpsman

EvoLuTioN

no-JZ Your Mom!
Mar 10, 2006
Bed
in three days, I'm about to goto Navy Bootcamp, and I'm enlisted as a Hospital Corpsman, so I was wondering if anybody here has been through the training as a HM-8404 and just tell me what I can be expecting while in "A" school and later on FMSS. Thanks

??supra

Mar 31, 2005
Kodiak, Alaska
good luck with the boot camp. i personally have no idea how it is, i have talked to some of my fellow coast guardsman about going thatroute and they said it wasnt so bad, so i cant imagine that being very far off. good luck and congrats

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
I don't know about Navy basic or about the enlisted corps basic, but I went through the officer training "boot camp" for the Air Force last summer. It sucked ass which I was expecting. But the best bit of advice I can give you is to not go into it expecting anything. It's an experience, nothing more nothing less, when shit starts to suck, know that it's not going to be forever and they can't kill you, haha. But I actually ended up having fun, got in trouble all the time and had my fair share of physical discipline :naughty: , but the group of guys I was with were AWESOME. Behind closed doors we cracked jokes and shot the shit.

Anyways, haha, good luck and godspeed! ::salute::

Edit: Haha, I guess I opened the door for jokes with the physical discipline thing. Physical discipline = pushups, situps, leglifts, running...things of that nature:thumbup:

Last edited:

exander

Anything but Lurker
May 23, 2006
colorado
SupraDerk said:
But I actually ended up having fun, got in trouble all the time and had my fair share of physical discipline :naughty: , but the group of guys I was with were AWESOME. Behind closed doors we ...shot the shit.
You liked dropping the soap. Oh wait that's prison, but same consequences right?:biglaugh:

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Haha I fixed it. And actually where I went we had suite style dorms, so it ended up being 4 people sharing a shower...one minute and twenty second showers for everyone!!! WOO!

C

cnewingham

I went through boot camp and enlisted as a Corpsman also. I however got booted out of A school for a couple of things and went trhough to NJP's in 6months. A school is not that difficult but when I was looking into FMS I was informed it was a little more difficult from the physical side. Where are you going to A school at? NSHS Balboa? Good Luck and after this remember:
Never
Again
Voulenteer
Yourself

I did get my college ed. paid for through the GI bill and I have no regrets of the 4 yrs I was in.

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
HIGH FIVES to those of you who have served and those of you that are going to serve. Without you folks there would be no supramania. As a father with a daughter who's an atc in the air force and a son-in-law thats an army spec ops medic. I want to say Thanks to ALL of You.
Rick

EvoLuTioN

no-JZ Your Mom!
Mar 10, 2006
Bed
Bootcamp at Great Lakes, IL 9 weeks
"A" School at Great Lakes, IL 14 weeks
FMSS/"C" School at Camp Pendleton, CA or Camp Lejuene 7 weeks

all guaranteed + 20K bonus, the catch is a 80-90% chance of my unit being activated a few months after I come back from training, and being deployed. But, I know what I signed up for, and I don't mind at all, I love this country.

EDIT: On the plus side, I'm going to ship my car to SP to have the help me with it :) so if I come back after training and don't get shipped out, then it'll be fun with a built car

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
good luck... have fun with getting deployed... i did 6 years and 2 tours in Iraq and am GLAD to be out of the military. At least i get the MGIB... make sure you do that as well.

forcefedsupra

aka, Turd Furguson
Jul 19, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
If you get this before you go to bootcamp, remember, it is all in your head. Your body can do more than you mind will allow it to. Everything you will do in BC is easy except for the mental aspect. I went to BC in '02 and stayed in Great Lakes for a year for ET A school. It's not bad if you stay positive. Besides, corps girls are super easy.

hardcharger

#1 935 groupie
Oct 28, 2005
San Diego
boot camp is stupid, A school for HM's, from what I hear, is just one big party. i hate to use the term but watch out for Corp whores.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
forcefedsupra said:
If you get this before you go to bootcamp, remember, it is all in your head. Your body can do more than you mind will allow it to. Everything you will do in BC is easy except for the mental aspect.

sheesh, it's only NAVY boot camp... it's not like he's going to be there for 14 weeks of infantry training :biglaugh: ;)