Boostcraver's resto-modification build

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
When I'm finished I will have black seats and other leather trim bits and a re-dyed shadow gray on the rest of the panels. The Gray will be a shade or two darker than it is right now but not straight black. I like the contrast. ALL carpet inside, including the carpet along the bottom of the door cards will be professionally re-dyed black as well. I have no idea about the process. All I know is I hand them my goods and some money and a few days later I pick my goods up in like new shape with the requested changes made:)

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
boostcraver;1711174 said:
Hey, is this Dave, with the white '90? I met you at the Thornton's on Cane Run back in September. Do you remember the red targa '91 I was driving at the time? As stated above, that is now my parts car and I have aquired an '89 Targa shell and am in the process of converting to full '91-'92 spec. using quite a few parts off the '91 and getting the body as nice as it can be made to look then going Teal for the paint job. i know as rare as Mk3 are to see on the street, NO ONE in town or in the area has one that color. You should come by sometime after I get moved and check out the car/hang out, shoot the breeze.

Good memory! That's me.

Yep, I remember the car. Where you moving to?

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
dbsupra90;1711495 said:
Good memory! That's me.

Yep, I remember the car. Where you moving to?

Just moving a couple of miles from where I live right now but the rent isn't much more and the same landlord owns it, and it comes with a four car garage. I should be settled in and have the car(s) there in the garage by mid-June. So I can finally work on MY car at MY house. Not that the space I'm working with right now isn't great, but it's not there where I can make progress nightly, you know what I mean?:)

On a side note Dave, you wouldn't have a spare FFIM laying around that you would part with would you? Would you know anyone in town that could make one?

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
No I don't have another one. You can build one tho. Buddy and I made one out of cardboard. Then took it to a machine shop to use a brake to cut it out of aluminum sheet. Then welded it up to the stock runners. Need to bolt it to a head so you dont warp. If you wanted a round style, you can buy D tube and makes it easier.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
That is more complicated. Yes, I know a couple guys that could build that, but not cheap. You would be better off buying one off here instead of the same cost or higher to design and build one.

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
dbsupra90;1713469 said:
That is more complicated. Yes, I know a couple guys that could build that, but not cheap. You would be better off buying one off here instead of the same cost or higher to design and build one.

The main reason I haven't gotten one off here was the cost consideration, but afaik, sethron is the only one making them on here now. Got a price quote from him a few months back on a medium runner length mani with all the provisions for everything stock equipped but the EGR and the price was gonna run to nearly $1,400 with shipping after it was built. I know Ron R. used to make them but doesn't anymore (or so I was told), and all the other ones I've run across were either too cheaply made or needed major mods to make it work. IDK...any other suggestion?