boost spike (did IC test already)

speedfreak

SCruzer
May 16, 2006
santa cruz, ca.
so ya i just tested my driftmotion IC lines from turbo to intake and held nearly 30psi without leaking. when i drive though i get boost spike up to 17psi and then slowly creeps down to 15psi (my target boost) and sometimes down to 12psi. my question is where else could i be loosing pressure, do some of the intake manifold vacuum lines let out pressure when boosting like the vsv or bvsv or isc, well isc is plugged already, anyway im running a stand alone with a MAP sensor so anything pre turbo does not matter. also i have a manual boost controller so its not a solenoid problem. as usual any help is greatly appreciated.

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
Poodles;1711179 said:
Wastegate ends up getting forced open from the pressure.

This is the exact reason some wastgates have two ports on them. A electronic boost controller can add pressure to the top port to help keep it closed.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Been a number of solutions over the years. Running an external WG setup (either through a spacer on the turbo, or drilling and welding the flange to the turbine housing), shimming the wastegate actuator, helper springs (works on other internal WG setups, should work on ours), and replacing the WG actuator with one that has dual ports and/or adjustable springs.

speedfreak

SCruzer
May 16, 2006
santa cruz, ca.
ya i shimmed my wastegate with 5mm worth of washers, it still leaks but much slower to where it is acceptable. i may do 7mm worth of washers in the future but i think that might be pushing the wastegate reliability. But this does work and its a lot cheaper than getting a custom W/G