boost problem

harojake

JDizzle
Jun 21, 2010
Butuckey MIchigan
my car is a 89, it started when i bought the car it was awsome and was running 12 psi and it was perfect no fuel cut or anything, then the turbo blew, i put a new stock turbo on from CXracing, and everything was great again, i have coldair , stock injecters, stock afm ,stock intercooler, but anyway when i finally got thro the break in i hit it and the boost jumped to about 16 psi and cut fuel i turned the boost all the way down and still did it, got a electronic boost controler and set it at 10 psi did the same thing but cut out at 10, tried all the way to 7 psi and still cuting fuel when it gets to set boost, any ideas?

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
You installed this?
http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchan...roduct_Code=TRB-CT26-1HD&Category_Code=CT2028

When your old ct26 let go did the compressor wheel shed pieces?

Sounds like a big boost leak, Check all your hose clamps as venting metered air will cause you to hit boost cut at a lower pressure level.

If you don't find anything check for boost leaks by pressurising your cooler piping using a air compressor and some PVC caps.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
I cracked the plastic pipe that goes into the passenger side fender. Well more like blew it in half. I was running 10 psi at the time and floored it to pass a semi.

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
^^
That makes me nervous.
I left the fender pipe in my setup after going 85% hardpipe cuz
-I needed the car for work and needed that short cut
-And i justified that it retains that OEM look
But if it pops then it gets replaced...

Harojake, UPDATE!
Whats the condition of the Accordian tube that connects to the turbo inlet?
Any leak after the AFM is bad...