BOOST LOGIC 243 MPH Run

watch

:icon_surp

Mark Conte

Supramania Contributor
SupraDreamPDR;1443521 said:
Wow. That is amazing. What was the smoke coming from??

Catch can breather they had a little extra oil in it. Chris threw a rag over it, but SW never got to run it again after it was making a noise in the morning. We took it apart - I thought it was a crushed bucket or something valvetrain related but we couldn't see anything visible and there was no reason to take the cams out to look any deeper as we didn't have any spare parts even if we did find something.

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
Mark Conte;1443824 said:
Catch can breather they had a little extra oil in it. Chris threw a rag over it, but SW never got to run it again after it was making a noise in the morning. We took it apart - I thought it was a crushed bucket or something valvetrain related but we couldn't see anything visible and there was no reason to take the cams out to look any deeper as we didn't have any spare parts even if we did find something.
I see. Thanks for clarifying. Was just curious as to if 243 mph was as damaging as it seemed. No matter, good job to the builders / drivers of that Supra. :icon_bigg

Mark Conte

Supramania Contributor
243 is just as damaging as you think it is. :) I always try and get the guys I help with their cars at the drag strip to pull power out in 4th gear since it's just killing the engine. At the mile...you use 5th...and all of it. I believe that pass was 94-9600rpm in 5th.

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
Mark Conte;1444342 said:
243 is just as damaging as you think it is. :) I always try and get the guys I help with their cars at the drag strip to pull power out in 4th gear since it's just killing the engine. At the mile...you use 5th...and all of it. I believe that pass was 94-9600rpm in 5th.

Wow, just wow. Bet it is one hell of a ride though. :biglaugh: