Boost leak?

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Sup guys, So ive got this car running pretty well minus no power under boost. It gets to 6 psi or so and good vaccum at idle unless the egr sticks open. Egr randomly stays open at times can that be causing my leak? If it were to be a leak from the pipes wouldnt i be loosing boost to the manifold? Hitting fuel cut also with the boost controller turned up anymore then stock Ive seen it hit it at like 5 psi or so which is just weird. Getting code 34 so chances are its some kind of boost leak. Wont be able to do a boost leak test for some time so any answers regarding the egr or reason for the good boost pressure and not getting good pressure would be appreciated. Thanks :icon_bigg

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
IDK. my stock gauge reads 7 PSI & I KNOW for a fact i have leaks. Vaccum & Boost, the rubber piece that goes on the compressor housing is torn = boost leak there. Intercooler clamps were failing but one is fixed so far. etc. & i don't see how an Open EGR can cause a boost leak? someone school me on this?

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
I googled search boost leak through egr for shits and gigs and apparently dsm's can leak through the egr valve so thats why im asked. So if it doesnt i can rule that out. Probably leaking badly where the ic pipe goes to the turbo. i already know its prob leaking from a coupler on the throttle body since its cracked. any idea on stock afr on wot? im at 10, with a boost leak ill be running way rich because of the maf thinking more air is comng through then there is. Just dont know where a stock 7mgte leans out at