Boost leak and starter question

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
1) I think I have a boost leak at idle the car idles at -.58 to -.60 kpa and I can only boost to .41 kpa (5.945 psi?). With a apexi intake and 3inch catback shouldn't I be pushing around 7-8psi (according to the modification stage list)?

2) This will be my second refurbished starter this year the mechanic who installed them blames it on my car being covered during rain which I think is bull crap. That being said I am having someone else install the next one because hitting the starter with a hammer is a pain but I want to know what could cause my starters to keep dying on me?

thanks,
Josh

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
Are you buying new or reman starters?

So the "tech" that put the last one in said it went out do to the fact that you have your car covered in the rain?

Was it raining straight in the weep hole? Jk

That makes no sense. But things do go bad at odd times, and new parts dont always work right. Things happen.

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
TxSupra- I am buying reman starters, yes that is what he said I laughed pretty hard when I heard that. You are right things happen.

Lewis- I am going to go look up how to do that right now, quick question whats the stock vaccum at idle suppose to be?