Boost Gauge Won't go above Vacuum

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
so i installed this boost gauge i bought. i ran the vacuum line and the electrical wires and all seemed well. i started the car and reved it a little but i the needle wont go past 0. it'll move from vacuum and then stop at 0. i ran the vacuum hose first where the vacuum comes out of the manifold into that factory T, and then i T-ed my line in there. then took off the vacuum line that goes to the little turbo pressure module thing and hooked that up to the gauge and that didn't work. what's wrong? can too much slack in the line cause this? do i not have the line tight enough to the gauge? leak? it has a compression fitting. anything?

http://www.fazegauge.com/prod_gauges_3104.html?subnav=products

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
well i figured it would at least go to 1 psi with a quick rev to 4 grand. i gave it a little power brake to 2 grand ans still nothin'....
ok..lemme go for a drive around the apartment complex..

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
i guess you were right and i was wrong.
so i went for a little drive around the apartment complex and then realized that i needed to try it on the street, the boost gauge works, i just thought it would be a little more responsive then it is.
but it works. i got it for fifteen bucks...one of those "fell off a truck" deals..hehe...so here i am boosting with my open DDP around town and i bump into three cops! im at an intersection and a cop passes by slowly..oh damn..so i slowly pull out so its not too loud, and look, another cop behind him...he lets me go since i was pullin out so slow...oh great...cop in front, cop in back.. i pull into somewhere i lay low for a couple minutes. then i head out slowly, and i see that one of the cops that actually parked not that far away from where i parked..heads out when i head out. well i made it back home without getting stopped, but whew that was a close one. i didnt have my papers on me either..
but yeah..boost gauge works..cool, thanks!
close thread.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
theKnifeArtist said:
the boost gauge works, i just thought it would be a little more responsive then it is.

its not that the gauge isnt responsive, the factory gauge is not responsive. but you just wont make boost off the stock turbo without a load, i think the only ones you can are new the ball bearing ones. but anyways, happy boosting :)

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Ric said:
I need a new boost gauge. I want to make 30psi @ idle. Where can i get one of those?

Tsk, tsk, you've only been here since Feb '07 and are popping off at someone who's a lot more recognized on here than you are? Shame on you buddy ;).

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
so after i installed it and taped(yes taped, it's temporary, i could have a pod by next week) it neatly to it's position i realized...damn! this shit looks sexy! so i got excited and got snapshothappy.

im gettin some kind of pod with a mount, i dont know quite what it looks like, im guying it off somebody for cheap..i remember seeing better ways of making oversteering column gauges fit our cars...talk to me?

Attachments

• day.jpg
    day.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 16
  • night.jpg
    night.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 11
  • nightangle.jpg
    nightangle.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 11
  • all.jpg
    all.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 12

lumier2x

El Dominican Sexy
Sep 20, 2006
Paterson, New Jersey, United States
hey my turbo seems stock and i make boost(boost gauge moves) while parked revving around 3-3.5k. then again im a huge noob and im still trying to learn about supras and turbo tuning in general so i could be reading the aftermarket gauge wrong lol. sits at -30 at off 0 at idle and i seen it hit like the 10-15 mark while boosting.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
lumier2x said:
hey my turbo seems stock and i make boost(boost gauge moves) while parked revving around 3-3.5k. then again im a huge noob and im still trying to learn about supras and turbo tuning in general so i could be reading the aftermarket gauge wrong lol. sits at -30 at off 0 at idle and i seen it hit like the 10-15 mark while boosting.

If your gauge is really reading -30 while the car is off and 0 at idle, something is very very wrong.