Boost Gauge vac line.

OldSkoolDrift

May 26, 2007
arkansas
Ok so I had hooked our boost gauge up to a vaccum hook up on the intake mani and all read fine. Then someone told me it needed to be hooked up between the turbo and wastegate, and we did that and got nothing. then someone else told me to hook it up to the FPR. I just decided to hook it back up to the intake mani....is that gonna gimme a fairly accurate reading?

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
OldSkoolDrift said:
Ok so I had hooked our boost gauge up to a vaccum hook up on the intake mani and all read fine. Then someone told me it needed to be hooked up between the turbo and wastegate, and we did that and got nothing. then someone else told me to hook it up to the FPR. I just decided to hook it back up to the intake mani....is that gonna gimme a fairly accurate reading?

Thats where toyota put there OEM one, so i doubt it be a problem. Also thats where i have mine. On the side note, usually the fpr and bov have its own dependant vacuum source.

hellraiser456

Dec 29, 2006
canada
i have mine hooked up on the same line as the stock boost measuring unit. best place i think. i tried other places and got some weird stuff. For example i hooked it up to the BOV line and got some very interesting reading (not accurate at all).

you want to read from the mani simply because that is where the boost really counts. you want to know what is getting into the mani. the waste gate line will work but will read a bit differently. you'll notice most electronic boost controls require a source from behind the mani rather than the WG line

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Best place is on the manifold as hellraiser456 said. In addition to the reasons he listed you also want it on the manifold for a good vacuum reading in case you need to do any diagnostics based on vacuum.