boost cut and ..

supradavenz

LOL HIES!
Apr 1, 2006
AUCKLAND, New Zealand
okay, since dyno'ing and running rich i removed my fuel controller. but now im hitting fuel cut and getting code 32 ive tried replacing AFM's ive tried the AFM (openning up the screw in the afm housing)

I put a fuel cut defender on there but it runs really ruff, feels like a miss-fire. BUT it does however stop boost cut.

i really don't know!

supradavenz

LOL HIES!
Apr 1, 2006
AUCKLAND, New Zealand
Also on a matter of interest and possibility.. is the resistor pack of a 7mge (low imp injectors) the same as the 7mgte.

im still running the GE resistor pack i beleive. but i was also to beleive there one of the same.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Check your spark plug gap.

Stock is too wide for high boost engines. (Assuming your running more boost right?)

I gap mine at .28, and it will fire fine. I've run 25lbs of boost, with no misfire problems on stock 7MGTE coils, irridium plugs and both NGK and now Moroso wires.

I've also seen this problem on other MK3's, and watched a simple plug gap change fix many poorly running, high boost engines. :)

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
^yup, i've seen a jump of 75hp (on a car with just over 500hp) after re-gapping the pre-gapped irridium plugs.

supradavenz

LOL HIES!
Apr 1, 2006
AUCKLAND, New Zealand
running 10psi peak. runs 7psi fine going to try rewire the AFM because i had a few AFM codes the other day when i got to suzes and i have tried swaping afm meters.

so im just going to take the wires from the AFM and create a seperate loom from there to the ECU if that doesnt fix it im going to WTFdropkick the ecu.

Oh yeah i got told that the FCD is prolly poked and should be bin'd