Boost control Help !

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
Im looking into getting a MBC for my supra... I recently had a Greddy Profec B spec II and didnt have much of a good time with it. Anyone have any recommendations for a MBC ? A good 1 with no spikes.. I want one that i can take to 25 psi safely...

zoppii

Pro Lurker
May 21, 2007
Palm Harbor
There is a lot of debate of electronic vs MBC's. I did what sounds like a similar thing as you and went from a hardware store manual to HKS to Greddy and finally went back to manual. I settled on a Hallman Evolution RX Kit and have been running it for the last 4 years or so. A bit pricey but it allows you to still have the adjustability factor in the cockpit. With the ceramic ball and heavy spring it has handled 25 psi safely on my car and spikes are limited to just as good or actually better as any EBC I had. My buddy bought one too after he saw mine and he loves it as well.

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
Supra-Man18;1380505 said:
Im looking into getting a MBC for my supra... I recently had a Greddy Profec B spec II and didnt have much of a good time with it. Anyone have any recommendations for a MBC ? A good 1 with no spikes.. I want one that i can take to 25 psi safely...

It depends on how you tune your profec. I have no spikes with mine in Lo (18) and Hi (24) boost settings.

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
Egh.. I was playing with it.. Got it set for a while at 14 psi.. then it used to act funny n bring me to a boost cut.. on the SAME setting.. So i jus gave up... Im gonna stick with a NICE quality MBC. A tuner of mine ran a Hallman on his evo at 45psi never spiked and held the boost perfectly. But then others That have Hallman tell me they spike and are changing it...

Last edited: