Boiling Black Smoke

Fergie76

May 12, 2009
Hendersonville NC
Day before yesterday was the first time I started my car after rebuild. The car ran ok for the 1-2 min. that I had it running. It had a slight low rpm miss and wanted to sputter a little bit at idle. Check every thing for leaks and its all ok.:biglaugh: I go back yesterday and pulled the idle air to reach the bottom screw on the tps. I adjusted the tps per the tsrm and get ready to set the timing.I put everything back together. When I start the car it runs horrible loading up with fuel have to feather the gas to keep it running and it is pouring dark black fuel smoke. :: angry ::What could I have bumped or moved or damaged to cause this. The first day the car was completely good but I wanted to set the tps and the timing before I took the car out to break-in the engine. Now I dont think that I could get it out the garage door. Any ideas:

Fergie76

May 12, 2009
Hendersonville NC
Tried taking the screws loose and putting it back in the middle about where it was. That did not work so I recalibrate it again. Still pouring black smoke like filling up the garage and boiling out the doors black smoke.

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
you didnt touch anything else? tps should cause that. did u set ur timing properly? i mean like i know u didnt set ur timing but did u put everything at tdc and the cps in properly?