body moldings

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
looks like camry molding and would look gay on a supra imo. mixing 06+ body style with 87+ body style is wack.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
cut them how? the mk3 stock molding fir perfectly cuz they were made for the car. the look of pre89 look good with the right color car/ molding. the 89+ look goiod on every mk3 and fit perfectly and if you painted any of them to match it makes them look even better.

this place is asking 100 for a set of random molding for some other car when you could get a set of good used molding to fit our cars for cheaper.

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
the site says to use shears. yes stock molding is perfect but eventually all the pre89 moldings will corrode and the post89 moldings will get harder and harder to find. and when they are harder to find and demand goes up, people raise prices. one guy a few months ago was asking me $250 for a complete set... and he was kinda local and i haven't come across a complete set of moldings in decent condition for less that 100 other than a recent fs post. which i bought :) lol.
i think the op is just thinkin about cheap easy decent alternatives to it.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
as the years go on more and more 89+ mk3's will show up at the yards in which you could get a set of molding for under 50 bux. even with all the people parting things out you can still find them cheap. you just have to wait and see. finding a cheaper, ghetto alternative does not look good and is wack. its nice to see someone looking but the fact is that stock painted or not will look 10x better than any alternative.

Kevin

Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
i find that yards in my area overprice the shit out of everything.. and i cant find anything supra at all.. but thats because im in a small city i guess

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
yeah your in canada so that sucks and yes the prices are going to be higher. here in the u.s. you can get moldings cheap and with some of the yards doing 50% off 5+ times a year you can get them at half the price.

still putting another cars molding which is 20 years newer on a completely different body style/model is just straight wack.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
hvyman;1501710 said:
yeah your in canada so that sucks and yes the prices are going to be higher. here in the u.s. you can get moldings cheap and with some of the yards doing 50% off 5+ times a year you can get them at half the price.

still putting another cars molding which is 20 years newer on a completely different body style/model is just straight wack.

If you huys look they have diffrent styles lenghth and heights I'm not talking camry molding there's 2 sets on there that look like the factory molding all you'd have to do is cut it look into it a oil more them the top page

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
if you have to cut it its not factory fit , its custom fit and hope it looks good. get soem factory pieces that look good. if you dont like how the stock mold looks either shave it(which looks like shit imo) or get a diff car.

Kevin

Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
karlmk3;1501754 said:
if i could find decent molding i would chepest so far is 300 with shipping i have been looking trust

pay someone else $50 with access to a better junkyard to get a set for $50? lol
total cost for you would be $100 + shipping. which is better then fucking around with trying to make ur own

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
dude if i could i would the last person i talked to that had molding wanted 125 and then 160 shipped out his mind im still looking but i seen these and theres a set that looks factory just would need to be cut factory

Kevin

Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
karlmk3;1501799 said:
dude if i could i would the last person i talked to that had molding wanted 125 and then 160 shipped out his mind im still looking but i seen these and theres a set that looks factory just would need to be cut factory

then go for it. no ones stopping u. i dont think anyone here's done it.. so you'll be the first.

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
i think getting someone to make a mold or something out of a decent set of moldings would be a great idea. our molds are getting hard to find.

WillieLZG

Feb 12, 2008
EL PASO TX
I recently bought a complete moulding set in great condition off 91 supra for $200 not bad since they are in great shape and that included the shipment from japan. Junk yards suck those assholes try to rip you off. There was a local junkyard where i live had about 40 supras about ten were turbos always went by to pick up parts always left empty handed because i just couldn't pay the prices way to high would not drop there prices. Went back couple months back and guess what all supras had been crushed and sold for scrap.