Blown EFI Fuse

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Alright, so some local guys had a cruise yesterday. We went from the South end of town to the North end. My house is in the middle. Right when we were getting back to my part of town, I was going around a turn and hit the gas and my engine died. After coasting to a stop I popped the hood and looked for loose connections - nothing. The car would crank, but not fire. Popping the clutch from a roll wouldn't fire it either. After messing with it for a few minutes, I pulled the EFI fuse (15a) to reset the computer. Well, the fuse was blown. I put another one in and the car fired, but wouldn't idle. I limped it back to my place and continued the cruise in another Supra as a passenger. When I got home last night the car fired and idled fine.

Needless to say, this is a major issue and I don't want to drive the car until I get this sorted out. The car has had a history of not wanting to idle after a cruise and being shut off for the past year or two.

I have my theories, but I would like to hear what you guys have to say.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Check the ground wires under the intake manifold?

Had my EFI just blow on me once though. No idea why it did it but it never did it again, so I dunno.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
The ground wires under the intake are fine - the only thing that's visibly wrong with the engine bay electrically are some of the wires for the connectors behind the PS resevoir are a little dodgy and have been patched up.