Blower Motor help

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
Recently blew a gauge fuse after i replaced the taillight seals. Off topic anyway. My CC unit is functioning as well as the relays. They click on and off. Blower motor fuse is not blown and the system is intact and unmolested. Im sitting here wondering what else it could be besieds the obvious components. I have replaced the CC with a spare i have just for grins and giggles to make sure it was not that unit itself. Its not. When i turn dow the temp i get cool air and when its at 80 i get hot air. Lose connection? not that i could find.

the only thing i could think of is that i lost a blower motor. and i dont want to have to replace that but will for the sake of winter. I dot not feel the air moving unless the car is moving, even then is speed variant.

$5 paypal to who can figure this out first.

Wayne G.

87Turbo 5sp Targa
Apr 19, 2005
Gainesville,Ga.
Topher E said:
Recently blew a gauge fuse after i replaced the taillight seals. Off topic anyway. My CC unit is functioning as well as the relays. They click on and off. Blower motor fuse is not blown and the system is intact and unmolested. Im sitting here wondering what else it could be besieds the obvious components. I have replaced the CC with a spare i have just for grins and giggles to make sure it was not that unit itself. Its not. When i turn dow the temp i get cool air and when its at 80 i get hot air. Lose connection? not that i could find.

the only thing i could think of is that i lost a blower motor. and i dont want to have to replace that but will for the sake of winter. I dot not feel the air moving unless the car is moving, even then is speed variant.

$5 paypal to who can figure this out first.

There is a wire resistor behind the glovebox that tends to burn out leaving
your with no blower motor. It has 3 coils of wire (one for each speed) and is mounted in the air duct held in by 2 screws.
if you have no blower thats my guess. The part runs about $30 if I rember correctly---------

How to repair >>> http://www.supras.com/06/techcenter/display.php?QID=56

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
When my blower motor wasn't going full blast at any setting (when it was working just fine a few hours before) I took off the glove box and hit it with a hammer.

It's worked ever since.

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
Sounds like you knocked the crap off the contacts. Usually that is the proper methood for diagnosing starters; not blower motors.