block bump

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
hey there i am doing a bhg and i just got the head cleaned off yesterday...i noticed a small bump where it lookes like someone tryed to pry the head off so its not so smooth in that spot......the spot is right in between #5 and #6 clyenders in between there water ports...what is the best way to get rid of it?? i got a dremel and i was about to start shavin it down right there but i just wanted to see what everyone thought about that....should i take the block out and have it decked?? .i have to go to work today...ill post back on here around 8 tonight

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
ginglesturbo said:
hey there i am doing a bhg and i just got the head cleaned off yesterday...i noticed a small bump where it lookes like someone tryed to pry the head off so its not so smooth in that spot......the spot is right in between #5 and #6 clyenders in between there water ports...what is the best way to get rid of it?? i got a dremel and i was about to start shavin it down right there but i just wanted to see what everyone thought about that....should i take the block out and have it decked?? .i have to go to work today...ill post back on here around 8 tonight

stop everything youre doing and listen very carefully: PUT THE DREMEL DOWN!

sell all your tools, and take the car to a competent mechanic!

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
in all seriousness what you need to do is have a machinist inspect the block. no one call tell you over the internet if the block is safe to use.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Cast iron doesn't like to bend. Get it checked out before you spend a single dime on machine work on a bulloxed up block.

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
i been at work alot lately... the pics willl be up tomorow....i think im just gonna sand it down a little and polish it back smooth and roll with it...definatly not selling my tools since i probly have more than alot of people on this board ive been a mechanic all my life...never dremeled.. a block before but dremels have a small polishing tool that i think will work fine...im just gonna make it smooth again....it was there before the bhg and didnt even blow in the spot that its onit looks like someone tryed to pry it off from under the exhaust manifold and hit the block and it dented up a little...its about as big a the tip of a pen ....

Last edited:

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Wow, all the good advice to have it checked... ignored.

The block would be extremely hard to dent. If someone was putting that much pressure on it, I'd hate to see what the head looks like...

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
actually the head lookes fine.....ive had several of my freinds..all realy good mechanics look at it and they say use the polisher and roll with it...im not pushing alot of power just 10 psiand im using arp studs to put it back on

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
well if it has been like this the whole time, didnt blow because of it, and wasnt even blown in that spot.. i'd think it would be fine, especaily since its near the outer edge im guessing..

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
ya it is kinda in between 5 and 6 water ports near the edge...hell if it would blow there it would probly shoot water out the side of my head...and it never did before...i just dont like it being there...