Blitz K26/K27 Twin Turbo Kit

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
Does anyone have any information regarding this twin turbo kit for the 1jz? DSLOCAL on the forums is selling his, he's had them rebuilt basically brand new as they were smoking when he first bought and installed it, they have the k27 hotside with the k26 compressor, blitz external wastegates, etc. I've thought about going single but always wanted to stay twin, but no one was willing to give up their kit until now. I've been looking around for a while for this kit. I've searched the forums and everywhere else, but there isn't much information. I know Onejoezee and zazzn had it, so please chime in on any information you may have.

- I want to know what power these turbos are capable of (of course given the right supporting mods)
- Lag, when should I expect to go positive
- Durability
- Basically anything you can share

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Hey,

They worked well and will make huge power, but the turbos are dated... k26's that i had spooled at 5000 RPM without cams. Made 523 WHP at 23 PSI up from 480 at 19. I had the crower small core cams during that test though... Basically i gained 43 hp for 4 PSI, which is pretty healthy.

However, flip the coin and put a good single on there like a 67DDB and you'll make the same power but spool a little faster, like 4500/4800.

If you put on a 35R you'll love your car a hell of a lot more IMO though.

Adding two smaller turbos like K04's or something modern would make the car really fun to drive.. Just look at the RS4 (2.7 TT one) it's hella fast and spools instantly.

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
Zazzn;1461666 said:
Hey,

They worked well and will make huge power, but the turbos are dated... k26's that i had spooled at 5000 RPM without cams. Made 523 WHP at 23 PSI up from 480 at 19. I had the crower small core cams during that test though... Basically i gained 43 hp for 4 PSI, which is pretty healthy.

However, flip the coin and put a good single on there like a 67DDB and you'll make the same power but spool a little faster, like 4500/4800.

If you put on a 35R you'll love your car a hell of a lot more IMO though.

Adding two smaller turbos like K04's or something modern would make the car really fun to drive.. Just look at the RS4 (2.7 TT one) it's hella fast and spools instantly.

Thank you, Zazzn. Your input helps me a lot. However, why is it that yours spooled up at 5K? DSlocal the guy who is selling his says his starts to go positive around 3200+, and also onejoezee's kit spooled in the same area. Is it because of the set up you had?

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
SeanMcCabe;1462157 said:
Perhaps he meant he was seeing full boost at or around 5k.

I don't think so, because onejoezee and both dslocal said that theirs started spooling around 3200 +/-, and they didn't know why zazzn's kit spooled so late as they had the same kit.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I think this Sard kit has the larger exhaust housings for more power on top.

That's why it spools so late.

M_31_07

Jan 18, 2009
San Jose, CA
RacerXJ220;1462696 said:
I think this Sard kit has the larger exhaust housings for more power on top.

That's why it spools so late.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too, but then I thought why would it be different if it's the same kit. So there's a Sard and a blitz kit?