Blitz Dual SBC boost controller Spec R

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I need some help using this thing. First, I have the 550cc injectors and Lexus AFM mod, 3in divorced downpipe open wastegate, and a boost gauge along with the blitz boost controller. My problem is now that I got rid of my fuel cut at stock boost I tried turning up the boost with the controller, I turned the knob to the appropriate setting and set the controller to 10% at first and didn't see a boost increase on my boost gauge or the stock gauge, so I cranked it up to 25%, no increase in psi, up to 45% still stock boost levels. I have the manual and read it and did what it says to adjust my boost level percentage but I do not see an increase in boost, any ideas? Everything runs great and pulls hard under boost and such I am just trying to turn up the boost a bit.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
As instructed in the manual, the solenoid is hooked up to the turbo properly the in port is connected to the turbo and the out port is connected to the actuator, solenoid is ziptied to my charcoal canister and I Tee'd the boost source vac line by the cruise control and connected it to the controller.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I can take a pic tonight after work.

It's running at stock boost 6-7psi but on my boost controller I have it set to 35%. It doesn't feel like it's being choked or anything it pulls great and hard and the response is very quick. I am thinking the solenoid is dead so it's just letting the turbo run at stock boost.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
No, the turbo is stock I did not modify it in any way. I didn't want to stretch the spring in the actuator also I want better control over the boost, which is why I got a controller.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
It might be my ignorance showing here, but I thought the purpose of wastegate was to limit the boost...so isnt the wastegate built into the CT26 limiting the boost to 6-7 psi?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
When I had a cheapo manual boost controller my boost actually increased and it was hooked up just like this one. I think the controller holds the pressure until it reaches the desired boost then it lets it go through the wastegate unless I am wrong about that.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
how does the setup go?

normally the boost pressure would run right into the built in wastegate right? so does this set up bypass the wastegate at first? boost pressure goes to the BC, and then back to the wastegate?

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Yea you connect the turbo pressure to the solenoid IN port then connect the wastegate to the solenoid OUT port it's just like the stock hose that goes from the turbo to the wastegate but you put the controller in between the two so it controls the pressure. Now I am thinking my solenoid is bad so it stays open that is why I am not seeing any actual boost increase and it's running it like stock.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Sorry I didn't get pictures of my setup last night I got home a little late and tired. I took pics this morning.
This is where I mounted the solenoid, the OUT port is connected to the actuator and the IN port is connected to the turbo
9983951745_eb11c838e4_b.jpg

This is where I connected the controller to the boost pressure line
9984004956_b91c63b01c_b.jpg