Blitz DD BOV

SupraTrbo89

Sep 21, 2006
West Chester, PA
I had this installed a while back but my car would backfire all the time and i figured there was a leak somewhere. I removed it and the backfiring seemed to get better. I do not think I had the adjustment screw on the top tight enough. I read some threads on this came to the conclusion it's trial by error until its adjusted correctly. As it sits now you can hear it every time I shift even if I'm not really under boost. I would think I would only want to be able to hear it under boost.

IIRC the instructions that came with this showed the BOV recirculated to the small rubber hose in front of the intake manifold and it came with an adapter to tap it in. Can someone confirm this makes sense or should I be tapping into where the stock BOV does. I still have the stock BOV on the car now. Should I remove it if I have the Blitz unit?

Pics below of the BOV and where it taps in.

20170708_111909.jpg20170704_113159.jpg

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
As a very basic rule of thumb, you cannot really use an atmospheric BOV (aka, non-recirculated) on an AFM, or "flow-based" metering system. The 7M is an AFM engine in stock form. If you throw on an atmospheric BOV on a stock electronic 7M, chances are you will have problems.

MAP systems, on the other hand, are pressure based and aren't confused by losing air in the intake. You can convert the 7M to that system, but that's not how it comes from the factory.

I assume you have stock electronics, otherwise you would have mentioned them. :dunno: If that's the case, you need to recirculate the BOV, or stick with the stock one.

I'm not sure if running two BOVs would hurt you, but I wouldn't keep the stock one if you have the Blitz. It's just extra leaks points in your intake. ;)

SupraTrbo89

Sep 21, 2006
West Chester, PA
vacuum_2h.jpg

Thanks for the response. I understand that it definitely needs to be recirculated otherwise you are releasing air that's already been accounted for.

After reviewing this diagram it looks as though the stock bov and the way blitz is saying to tap in are getting you to the same spot. I will eliminate the stock bov and try out the blitz. I just need to get some rubber caps for the accordion hose and dial in the adjustment screw.