Biggest tires possible without modding?

GilTheArtist

Dec 25, 2013
California
Hey guys, im running 225/35/18 in front and 245/35/18 rears.
Id really like to go a little bigger on the sidewalls while still keeping the 18s.
I just get way too much NVH transfer straight to my bones from the street.

Does anyone have bigger wheels than me?
Whats the biggest i can fit without modding the fender or suspension

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Lot of additional info needed to get a better idea of what you'll be able to run. Namely:

-What is your suspension setup? Aftermarket coilovers often have a much skinnier spring diameter. This varies from one brand to another, as I found out a few years back when upgrading my suspension. I could no longer fit wheels that fit perfectly fine before the suspension swap...

-What is your wheel width and offset?

The drag racing guys would be a good resource in regards to how large a tire fits in the rear...

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
There is a wheel guide if you look.....

Here's some ideas of what is close to the limit.

I had 17x9 with 275's and a 40 offset on all 4 corners

I have 19x10 with a 275's and a 32 offset but they need to be rolled. If i could find a 40 offst i"m pretty sure they would fit.

You may be able to get away with a 10 wide rim and a 45 offset or so with 285/295's on the rear. On the front with the 275's that I have i'll rub the inner fender wall if I go full lock slightly. I have 275 35 19

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
To add to my original post, I think you could get away with a 27" tall tire without much headache. 275/40/17 is right around 26" and they fit just fine in stock wells if you have the right offset and suspension. The wheel wells are pretty big. If you don't really care about width, that opens up quite a selection I'm sure.

GilTheArtist

Dec 25, 2013
California
I have KYBs all around with stock coils. Stock suspension parts.
I want to go back to 16s but with more sidewall, and still staggered.
Im thinking something like:
235/60/16 front
265/60/16 rears

Is the wheel guide on this website?

GilTheArtist

Dec 25, 2013
California
Um yeah, i want to talk to someone who is able and willing to explain it to me and future visitors in plain english without being sarcastic a-holes.
Thats not a guide its a thread with a bunch of measurements thats greek to me, ive never even heard of offset before, why is it so hard to get information on these websites?
Youve got the time to write a 12 paragraph post signature but god forbid you offer something useful that adds to the thread.

Whenever i do an upgrade i write a detailed informative post so other folks DONT HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH ANY HOOPS like i did. I do it with no ego and no BS.

The only sizing ive ever heard of is xxx/xx/Rxx pattern.
If theres another different way of measuring them, just explain it. Dont send me on a wild goose chase. If i wanted to/had time to do that i wouldnt post a new thread in the first place.
If youre too lazy to explain it just dont even post anything and stay up on your high horse.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Um yeah, i want to talk to someone who is able and willing to explain it to me and future visitors in plain english without being sarcastic a-holes.
Thats not a guide its a thread with a bunch of measurements thats greek to me, ive never even heard of offset before, why is it so hard to get information on these websites?
Youve got the time to write a 12 paragraph post signature but god forbid you offer something useful that adds to the thread.

Whenever i do an upgrade i write a detailed informative post so other folks DONT HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH ANY HOOPS like i did. I do it with no ego and no BS.

The only sizing ive ever heard of is xxx/xx/Rxx pattern.
If theres another different way of measuring them, just explain it. Dont send me on a wild goose chase. If i wanted to/had time to do that i wouldnt post a new thread in the first place.
If youre too lazy to explain it just dont even post anything and stay up on your high horse.

UM, YEAH...
Your question was " Is the wheel guide on this website?" What explanation did you want to that question?
You didn't ask "What is offset?" Had you asked that, I would have told you. But you didn't tell anyone here that you didn't know.
And if you know the term offset, why wouldn't you just google "what is offset?"
And the wheel fitment guide is a linked library that discusses nearly every conceivable
combination of diameter, offset and width, and shows the look of each(where pic links are working), and in most cases, gives a description of any rubbing or mod issues.
So I wouldn't blow it off so quickly.

As for information that might help you:
Keeping 18" wheels, and increasing sidewall is easy in your case, since your tires are too small to begin with.
OEM diameter is about 25". On a 225/35 and 245/35, you are on diameters of 24.2, and 24.8 inches. I would suggest either 235/40/18 up front, or 255/35/18 for most aggressive.
Out back, minimum 255/35/18, or as high as 295/30/18. These sizes give you proper revs per mile so that your speedo is correct, but bear in mind that the larger width tires will require the proper offset wheels in order to avoid rubbing.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I ran 18x8.5+38 with a 245/40 and a 18x10+35 with a 255/40 with no modifications or rubbing
BaJiB2w.jpg

KOAdaIX.jpg