BIC downpipe

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
hey guys i was looking at gettin the 3" divorced downpipe from BIC but i had a few questions for anyone running this downpipe.

1. would you recomend the flex section?? is it nessasery to keep from it from cracking
2. does the ceramic coating make a difference

thanks for you help

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
cartel1_950 said:
hey guys i was looking at gettin the 3" divorced downpipe from BIC but i had a few questions for anyone running this downpipe.

1. would you recomend the flex section?? is it nessasery to keep from it from cracking

thanks for you help

Yes, and Yes.

crrider80

Too soon Jr.
Jun 3, 2006
NYC
cartel1_950 said:

thanks for you help

I definitely appreciate the flex section. Even tho cracking isnt that big a possibility being that BIC's stuff is pretty high quality. it wouldnt hurt to have one. I've never had experience with ceramic coating so i dont know what kind of difference you'd see aside from looks.
-Steve

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
cartel1_950 said:
doesn't the ceramic coating help keep the engine bay temp down??

Yes, Pm BIC to see if its 2000 degrees safe. I'm sure it is i just can't remember.
Anything near the turbo should be ceramic coated. Heat shields, Manifold, turbo, Dp, etc

If you wanna send out some parts to be ceramic coated PM JDub. He does coating here for the community. 25.00 a foot. Ex. Turbo manifold is 125.00. Its coating inside and out. If you get the Dp just let BIC do it because shipping them is expensive.

Hope that answers your question.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
oscolivar1 said:
Yes, Pm BIC to see if its 2000 degrees safe. I'm sure it is i just can't remember.
Anything near the turbo should be ceramic coated. Heat shields, Manifold, turbo, Dp, etc

If you wanna send out some parts to be ceramic coated PM JDub. He does coating here for the community. 25.00 a foot. Ex. Turbo manifold is 125.00. Its coating inside and out. If you get the Dp just let BIC do it because shipping them is expensive.

Hope that answers your question.

His prices aren't set in stone, unless he says what he charges is set and will not change, then don't post up a price for his services.

Respecfully spoken,
Chris

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
i have the BIC basic dp and its been great. bought it used and added a coat of high temp and its been good to go for 3 years now. flex isnt needed really