BIC Downpipe Performance Question

turbo soup

Nov 1, 2006
MD
Hey guys, So im trn to get my partially divorced downpipe installed maybe this weekend, but i was kinda hoping someone could give me an idea on how my car will run after the install.
My cars is basically stock except for intake, and im installing the 3" BIC partially divorced downpipe, its going to get hooked up to the stock cat, and exhaust. Im pretty sure itll be a little faster just cuz ill be losing one cat from the old downpipe.

Can you guys let me know if the power will be noticable, or if i will have quicker spool, or if my exhaust will sound louder? Also Should i wrap the downpipe to keep engine temps down or is it not worth it?
Thanks guys!!!!

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
turbo soup said:
Can you guys let me know if the power will be noticable, or if i will have quicker spool, or if my exhaust will sound louder?

Yes, yes, and probably no. :)

The BIC dp makes more power and faster spool. You can feel a difference even on a completely stock engine. To really take advantage of it's potential, you could do an intercooler upgrade, high flow intake of some sort, and an electronic boost controller. Then from there the sky (or budget) is the limit. :biglaugh:

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
Yeah my brother has a regular bic dp and there is a noticeable difference and you can here the turbo spool now.

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
Your stock cat and exhaust is going to be a huge bottle neck...however I would still expect you to feel a a difference but probably not as much as you are hoping for.

Get a 3" exhaust installed and it will make a huge difference.

Good Luck!

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
rumptis said:
Your stock cat and exhaust is going to be a huge bottle neck...however I would still expect you to feel a a difference but probably not as much as you are hoping for.

Get a 3" exhaust installed and it will make a huge difference.

Good Luck!

Very true, I was assuming there was already an upgraded catback installed. That would be the first thing to do.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Dont forget to reset the ECU before you start the car with the new downpipe. Your car might not run very well for a few minutes but the ECU will learn new maps and you should be good to go.