BIC Divorced Downpipe or Cheap Ebay Divorced Downpipe??

WonIt

Air ,Fuel ,Spark!
Feb 26, 2006
Front Royal,VA
ill tell you what,i still say that the nic ddp was the best most worth while investment i made when i was 7m.i am not sure how long the wait is now.but when i ordered mine.....7 or 8 years ago it took a little over a month for them so get it and the test piupe in the mail...once i got it,and istalled it...i never complained. still to this day after going 1j,and now 2j quite possibly my favorite single part i ever ordered...

i am not gonna knock the "ebay" parts. i order alot of the stuff off of there,from my experience if it looks like it is about the same as the namebrand part...it probably is.sometimes requires a hammer to adjust it....but non the less works as it is supposed too. i would probably go with the ebay one if it looks decent. when i got my bic,there was no ebay one like it. i say buy a ebay one and slap it on!

755hp

Goal - 755hp
Jul 19, 2012
Tri-State Area & MI
WonIt;2021313 said:
ill tell you what,i still say that the nic ddp was the best most worth while investment i made when i was 7m.i am not sure how long the wait is now.but when i ordered mine.....7 or 8 years ago it took a little over a month for them so get it and the test piupe in the mail...once i got it,and istalled it...i never complained. still to this day after going 1j,and now 2j quite possibly my favorite single part i ever ordered...

i am not gonna knock the "ebay" parts. i order alot of the stuff off of there,from my experience if it looks like it is about the same as the namebrand part...it probably is.sometimes requires a hammer to adjust it....but non the less works as it is supposed too. i would probably go with the ebay one if it looks decent. when i got my bic,there was no ebay one like it. i say buy a ebay one and slap it on!

I just emailed BIC Performance today; they said the "wait time" from order-to-delivery is around 2-3 weeks. Then again I'm in NY right below Toronto where they're located (shipping distance).

755hp

Goal - 755hp
Jul 19, 2012
Tri-State Area & MI
MarkIII4Me;2021292 said:
That shouldn't be, since your wastegate should be closed at partial throttle and open when set boost pressure is reached. That's how boost is regulated. Unless your turbo reaches full spool at partial throttle. I only hear my ddp once I hit full boost at around 4500rpm during a full throttle pull. Give a listen to my dyno pull in my signature. You can hear the whistle of the ddp only at the very end of the pull.

Here's a pic of my BIC DDP. I specifically requested that he mandrel bend it out of a single pipe, even the last 15 degree angle which he usually doesn't bend. So it's one of a kind. I think I show it off in every DDP thread. lol

Ohh, I didn't know BIC Performance goes the extra mile making custom components for their customers. I don't think I can ask Ebay to make me a custom DDP. Lol

755hp

Goal - 755hp
Jul 19, 2012
Tri-State Area & MI
And so it is....a BIC Divorced Downpipe order has been placed. And yet again....I am now broke (pocket). Thanks for all the advice/support guys!

Ohh, and my brake pedal decided to sink all the way down to the floor Friday evening (lost brake pressure). Thankfully, I was going at a slow speed on a residential street with no one in front of me; I downshifted and crept home slowly.

So my Supra will be down (can't stop) until I can diagnose what went wrong; I have a leak, thats for sure....looked for fluid in the master cylinder and found what looked very similar to my pockets (nothing)...

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Fill it and bleed it with the cheapest fluid possible and have a buddy help you. You should be able to spot the leak. Harbor freight has a nice vacuum bleeder for a decent price.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk