BHG?

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
A co worker of mine who has a mazda b2200 asked me to come out to look at his car during break just now, because he was leaking coolant and thought on of his heater hoses were leaking. well I looked at all of the coolant hoses and none of them had any coolant or residue on them. he then mentioned that once when he parked it, he noticed steam coming out of the intake where the carb and air filter are located. that led me to believe that he might have a BHG. I checked the oil, and it didnt have any milkyness, or coolant in it, I tried looking in the radiator, but the level was too low to see if there were any exhaust fume residues or oil spots. I'm asking your opinions on what else to check to finish the diagnosis.

thanks,
Chad

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Or try the BHG test kit, havent heard of the block test kit.

Its a tube u fill with a liquid (blue) and sometimes 3 containers, not one. Anwyways, the ones Ive used, u fill 2 containers with this stuff and stack them, then theres a air pump on the top. You place it over the radiator top hole while the car is at temp, and pump slowly. It will catch any fumes coming out and if the liquid turns yellow, its from Co2 getting in the mix, and your HG is blown.

Sorry for the shitty explanation. I did it last week on my celica, turns out I just had a shitty radiator. Got a new one.

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
gah, neverming, a tee under the intake manifold was cracked and pissing water. i didnt see it the first time around, but someone else found it. thanks for the advise guys.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Mr.SelfDestruct said:
gah, neverming, a tee under the intake manifold was cracked and pissing water. i didnt see it the first time around, but someone else found it. thanks for the advise guys.

NP, its what were here for. Glad you guys got it.